Begging for a VB.net equivalent for the featured demos

Hi Roman

If you could produce a VB equuivalent that would be fantastic.

I’m looking to add something very much like the “Add New Task” form from
your C# example to my project. It will be bolted to the calender I already
have - I’m using the Xyz Schedule Control for .NET for this. The calendar
is bound to a dataset so I’ll be looking to use recurrence to add dates to
the dataset.

Anything you can give me to get me started would be useful - doesn’t have to
be pretty!!!

Many thanks

Rob

Ok, I’m working on a VB version of Aspose.Recurrence.Demos.WinForms application and I’ll first convert the Add/Edit Task Form. Expect to have some results in a couple of days.

Hi Rob,

We’ve released Aspose.Recurrence 1.1.0.0 that has Aspose.Recurrence.Demos.VB.WinForms application in Visual Basic.

You can download it from the Download section of the website.

Hi Roman

Wow, not bad at all…that’s got to be the fastest response I’m ever likely to get to a request!!!

One small glitch though. The VB demo produces an IOException when trying to write back to sampleTasks.xml. It appears that the filestream isn’t being closed after initially loading the tasks.

I’ve added inStream.Close() to Public Sub LoadTasks and everything works perfectly.

I can’t begin to tell you what a difference having the demo in vb.net is going to make to me - I’m really looking forward to getting stuck in.

Many thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

Your are right indeed. The stream is not being closed both when loading tasks and when saving.

I was using a tool to convert from C# to VB code and the tool didn’t know how to handle “using (variable)” C# construct that limits the lifetime of the variable to an explicit scope. I assumed that “with” statement in VB does the same, but as it turns out it doesn’t. The best is to close the stream in the “finally” block when finished loading tasks.
I’ve updated the installer, but you have it fixed in your demo already anyway.