Best option for accessing emails on a customer's hosted Exchange using Aspose

Best option for accessing emails on a customer’s hosted Exchange. Probably behind various firewalls which may need to be configured.

I am familiar with POP3 and IMAP, but I am aware of ActiveSync too.

Also Aspose.NET also includes Exchange namespace. Not sure what this is…

Many thanks

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

Aspose.Email API provides the Exchange namespace for accessing Exchange server using the Exchange protocols. You can connect to Exchange 2003, 2007 using the WebDav Protocol as well as connect to the Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013 using the Exchange Web Service (EWS) of the API. Please have a look at our documentation article, Connecting to Exchange Server, for further information in this regard.

You may also go through other articles in our, Programming Exchange, documentation section to have an idea about other features supported by the API for retrieving information from Exchange servers. Please let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

Brilliant thanks!

I’m not so familiar with ‘Office 365’ offering. I assume this is just a Microsoft cloud-hosted Exchange Server? If so do you know if this component can connect to this in the same way?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Aspose.Email supports connecting to outlook office 365 in the same manner as other exchange servers. Following is the sample code to connect to outlook account and fetch information. Please give it a try and share your feedback with us.

string mailboxUri = “https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx”;

IEWSClient client = EWSClient.GetEWSClient(mailboxUri, "user", "password");

ExchangeMailboxInfo mailboxInfo = client.GetMailboxInfo();