Better support for ul/li style elements

I have a Jasper Reports text field which has html markup enabled.

If I pass a ul/li element, e.g.

• test
the aspose Word Exporter does not generate a real bullet list in word. Instead a simple character is generated which just looks like a bullet.

Is there any plan when real bullet list formatting will be supported in the Aspose.Words Jasper Reports exporter?

Bye,

Thomas Schmitt

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your query. I have tested the scenario and have not found any issue with latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 1.3.1. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Jasper Reports. If you still face problem then please share your sample jrxml file and output .doc file for investigation purposes.

I have attached a sample jrxml and output .doc file with this post. Let us know, If you have any more queries.

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

The result you attached already showed the behaviour. Maybe my post was misunderstanding. I attached the document which shows the expected result.

The bullet point is indented using spaces and the bullet point formatting is not applied (see screenshot).

Thanks for your support!

Bye,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my end. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your patience.

The shared issue had been resolved. Please use latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.3.0.

Hi Tahir,

Somehow my comment got lost. But again: we are facing the same issue, and require a fix for one of our clients. I have just retested this based on your new feedback, but it doesn’t appear to work.
Could you describe the issue that was fixed?
ul/li style elements don’t get ‘printed’ as bullet lists in word when I run this test, but are still rendered as ‘plain’ text.

thanks,
Wouter
Hi Wouter,

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue WORDSJR-79 is about list paragraphs in output Word document. Following is the issue detail. This issue had been fixed.

If we pass a ul/li element, e.g.
  • test
the aspose Word Exporter does not generate a real bullet list in word. Instead a simple character is generated which just looks like a bullet.

Could you please share your .jrprint file here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks, that sounds promising. Please find a test jrxml attached (a modified version of the earlier file in this thread) which contains a
    and a
    to test the output.
When checking the docx output of <span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “DejaVu Sans Mono”; font-size: 9pt;”>AWDocxExporter, the bullet lists are normal paragraphs in word.
<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “DejaVu Sans Mono”; font-size: 9pt;”>
<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “DejaVu Sans Mono”; font-size: 9pt;”>greetings,
<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “DejaVu Sans Mono”; font-size: 9pt;”>Wouter
Hi Wouter,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-213. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

That is great news. Do you have any idea about an ETA?

thanks,
Wouter
Hi Wouter,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,

Could you please update us with the latest status of this issue?
For us this problem is critical, and we really hope for a quick fix. Thank you for understanding.

If somehow you can prioritize this task, we will be very grateful to you.

Wbr, Michael
Hi Wouter,

Thanks for your inquiry. The WORDSJR-213 has been resolved and its fix will be available in next version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.4. We will inform you via this forum thread once new version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports is available.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thank you, Tahir,

When can we expect Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.4? Do you already know the possible release date?

If 17.4 won’t be released by the EoD 12/04/2017, we will request a hotfix for us.

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have asked for the release date of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.4 from our product team. As soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to share that with you.

Thanks for your patience.

Dear All,

we require a more solid status on the delivery of this bug, as per my colleague indicated we are dependent on this for a release tomorrow EOD. if the actual fix will not be made available by then, we would appreciate a hotfix as a temp solution until the actual release is ready.

can you please confirm we are on the same page and that we will get notified with a clear date as to when to expect either the official release or the hotfix.

thank you,

Ahmed Osman
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue was logged with normal support level. We do not provide hotfix for an issue logged with normal support level. We suggest you please have a look at enhanced support options.

We are in communication with our product team about your query and will get back to you soon.

Thank you for your feedback!

Given this is time sensitive we would appreciate at least an indication of when the actual release will be ready. it is clear that we do not have the enhanced support package at the moment, however for the sake of planning and until we do upgrade (if that will be the case) we would at least need to when to expect the official fix.

could you please take that into account and let us know your thoughts on this?

thanks,

Ahmed
Hi Ahmed,

We are in communication with our product team about the hotfix of your issue and release date of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.4. We will get back to you soon.

We apologize for your inconvenience.