Free Support Forum - aspose.com

BIFF5 with Cyrillic content is incorrectly converted to XLSX

The file is converted as follows:

        var doc = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(inputStream);
        doc.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex = 0;
        doc.Worksheets[0].AutoFitRows(true);
        doc.Save(outputStream, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsx);

inputStream and outputStream are instances of System.IO.Stream. After saving an XLSX file I observe broken strings in xl/sharedStrings.xml. The input file Coding.zip (2.8 KB) is probably created in some old MSOffice.

Important note. While it’s still possible to save in Office 5.0/95 (BIFF5) format in the latest MSOffice suite the issue is not reproducible in this case. I.e. if the input file is re-saved in MS Office 2019 in BIFF5 format then the above code correctly converts the file.

Is there is something wrong with the code above or is it an Aspose issue? BTW, I used Aspose Cells 20.2.

@volozyko,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47184 – BIFF5 with Cyrillic content is incorrectly converted to XLSX

@volozyko,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47184”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47184) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.3. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi