Blurred thumbnail after changing excel image

Hi,

we have a PPTX with an embedded excel. This excel file is embedded directly on a slide (see attachment "screenshot before doing anything.png "). The thumbnail of this slide is sharp (see attachment “thumbnail before doing anything.png”). Programmatically, we change some values an generate a new image of the excel table with aspose.cells (see attachment “screenshot of the by aspose.cells generated excel image.png”). The image representing the content of the excel table get’s replaced by the generated image. After that, the thumbnail of the slide is blurred (see attachment “thumbnail after replacing the screenshot.png”). If the image, that represents the excel table, is updated by PowerPoint itself, the thumbnail gets updated too. After the update by PowerPoint, the thumbnail is sharp again (see attachment “thumbnail after replacing the screenshot by aspose and refreshing by PowerPoint.png”).

Here is the PPTX if you need it.

Hi Sabine,

I have observed the issue shared by you and like to share that you may set the image for the Ole frame as per your choice and what ever you will set will get depicted in Ole frame. The issue of blurred Ole data image that you are highlighting is actually not related to Aspose.Slides as it will depict the image that will be provided for the Ole frame. The image is in fact created using Aspose.Cells and you may please consult Aspose.Cell forum in this regard. If the image generated using Aspose.Cells is crispier and sharper, Aspose.Slides will render that the same way for Ole frame. I hope Aspose.Cells team will be helpful to you in rectifying issue on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I think there is a missunderstanding. The ole frame, that is shown on the slide itself and that is generated by aspose.cells is just fine. There is nothing wrong about is.

My problem is the thumbnail. I admit the screenshots I provided are quite bad chosen as they don’t show a overview. That’s why I also attached the pttx files themself. If you open the attachment “after replacing the excel image.pptx” you can see something like “overview after replacing.png”. I hope the new attachment makes it more clear what I mean.

Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,

Thank you for sharing the updated image reflecting the issue. It is in fact an issue with Slide thumbnail on left side that you have shared with us. I request you please share the sample application along with source and generated presentation that I may add in our issue tracking system for resolution. Please share the requested information so that I may proceed further with our investigation.

Many Thanks,

Yeah, well, I have to apologize. When I wanted to create the sample application, I recognized that we only use aspose.cells - and not aspose.slides. For manipulating PPTX files we use an open source framework. So the topic of this thread is in no way related to aspose.

I’m very sorry for making you trouble.

Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,

Its good to know that you have been able to figure out the issue on your end. However, you are always welcome for any inquiries related to Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,