BodyRTF not correctly formated when parsing outlook 2007 msg files

Hello,
I’m currently evaluating Apsose.total for a client, and I’ve encountered a minor problem. It seems that msg files created with outlook 2007, looses some of the text formating when the file is parsed with Aspose.Network. A similar msg file created with outlook 2003, does not loose the text formating.
text formating : bold, italic, bullets, text coloring etc.

An outlook 2007 msg file wich is opened with outlook 2003, is correctly formated in outlook 2003. If this msg file is then saved with outlook 2003, and parsed with Aspose.network the same error with formating in the BodyRtf is encountered.

Do you have a solution for reading outlook 2007 msg files, without loosing the text formating

EDIT: Zip file attached.
the file 2003.msg is a n outlook 2003 generated msg file. this one works fine, the bodyRTF contains the correct text formating.

the file 20072003.msg is a outlook 2007 generated msg file, wich is first opened in outlook 2003 and then saved. When this msg file is parsed in Aspose, the text formating is lost (Bullets and text coloring)

the 2007.msg file is an outlook2007 generated msg file. When this msg file is parsed in Aspose, the text formating is lost (Bullets and text coloring)

regard
Martin

Hello, Martin,

Could you please provide more details about this issue? Post your message that has the problem, we will look into it.

Thanks

Original Post edited

First see attached files. The zip file contains 4 different files.
An Outlook 2003 generated msg file (named 2003.msg) and the bodyrtf part of the message as Aspose.Network Mapimessage reads it (named 2003.rtf).
An Outlook 2007 generated msg file (named 2007.msg) and the bodyrtf
part of the message as Aspose.Network Mapimessage reads it (named
2007.rtf).

As the files show, the bodyrtf of the outlook 2003 generated msg keeps the text formating. (Bold text, bullets and text color).

But, as the 2007.rtf file shows, Aspose.Network does not parse the bodyrtf correct when the message file is created with outlook 2007. Only the Bold text is correct. The bullet is partially correct. It’s in the right place, but a different symbol is used.
Hope the files can help you, see the my issue with msg files.

regards
Martin

Hello, Martin,

The Outlook 2003/2007 generated msg files included the RTF content. Aspose.Network does not do any converting to those RTF content actually.

I have not idea about the this RTF inconsistent feature. We are still doing some investigation on it.

Thanks,

Hello,
how is the investegation of this problem progressing ?

regards
Martin

Hello,
our customer, have allready purchased a license, and are expecting a app. soon, where amongst others, MSG files should be converted to PDF. Is there any development in the solution of this bug ?

I’m aware that Outlook 2007 is the one causing the problem, since the rtf body is not event formated correct when viewed in Word 2007, but I’m interested in weather or not Aspose intends to handle the Outlook 2007 Rtf format ?