Bookmark limit?

Is there a limit to the number of bookmarks I can have in a document?

I am evaluating Aspose.Words and I have been generating a list of links that point to bookmarks in the document. It works upto 98 links and bookmarks, but fails at 99.

I get an error when I try to open the file in microsoft office Word 2003, which says there is insufficient memory. I have plenty of memory, and can add extra paragraphs, bookmarks and links manually in Word without problem.

Text of Error:

"There is insufficient memory. Save the document now.

This error appears if there is a problem saving the file. Usually, the disk is full, RAM memory is low, or there is a permission problem with the drive the file is being saved to. If the amount of disk space for a paging file is low, save the file to another drive. If the RAM memory is low, increase available RAM. If permissions to the drive do not allow you to save to that drive, save the file to another drive or request permissions from the administrator to save files to the drive.

Note: This error can occur if the computer is running a version of antivirus software that is not compatible with Office or needs to be updated. This error can also occur if you are saving to a full floppy disk or the floppy disk is too small for the file.

Please help.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Most probably this is limitation of evaluation version. Evaluation version of Aspose.Words injects an evaluation watermark at the top of the document on open and save and limits the maximum document size to several hundred paragraphs.

You can see at the end of your document the following message: “This document was truncated here because it was created using Aspose.Words in Evaluation Mode

If you want to test Aspose.Words without evaluation version limitations, you can request a 30-Day Temporary License. See the following link for more information.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/licensing/

Best regards.

Unfortunately I do not get a nice error message; it seems to just produce bad output.

But thanks, that would make sense, maybe there is a limit of a few hundred paragraphs.

Thanks for a quick response.