Borders are not clear or sharp while conversion

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. There are pdfBorderIssue.zip (127.2 KB)
There are some more issue occur in some other sheets. Like the border are not clear (sharp) while conversion. Please check attached file for the same. I just want to add that this page was not coming in one page so I used below code to display in single page.
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions(FileFormatType.PDF);
saveOptions.setAllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet(true);
PageSetup pageSetup = sheet.getPageSetup();
pageSetup.setFitToPagesTall(1);
pageSetup.setFitToPagesWide(1);
workbook.save(ms, FileFormatType.PDF);

@ujjwaltripathi311

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe these issues and logged them in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issues are resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

These issues have been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42398 - Corners are not sharp in the output Pdf
  • CELLSJAVA-42399 - Arrows points are not clear in the output Pdf
  • CELLSJAVA-42400 - Content is not showing on the same line in the output Pdf

@ujjwaltripathi311

For your issue

• CELLSJAVA-42400 - Content is not showing on the same line in the output Pdf

Download Link:
Download Files.zip (203.4 KB)

Our text wrap is same as excel, see attachment “PDF04_CoverSheet_Ms.pdf” saved by Microsoft Excel 2016.

Because the workbook’s default font is MS Pゴシック 11 (you can check it with our API Workbook.getDefaultStyle().getFont()), you should set the Microsoft Excel’s edit language to “Japanese”, see attachment “screenshot.png”

@ujjwaltripathi311

For your issue

• CELLSJAVA-42399 - Arrows points are not clear in the output Pdf

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

I am facing some issue. In the attached file the generated template are behaving differently in local and in dev environment. Some line are coming in new line. I have highlighted the issue in attached folder. Please check once and let me know.

fontIssue.zip (168.0 KB)

@ujjwaltripathi311

Your CoverSheet.xlsx needs the following fonts returned by Workbook.getFonts() method.

• Calibri
  • Arial
  • Calibri Light
  • MS Pゴシック

You can see the fonts used by your Pdf by clicking the File > Properties > Fonts tab. The following screenshots show the names of the fonts used by your Local and Development environment.

Screenshot - Fonts used in Pdf

Screenshot - Fonts used in Local Environment

Screenshot - Fonts used in Development Environment

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42399) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.10.

can you send me the screenshot in attachment. I could not open it.

@ujjwaltripathi311,

Please find the screenshots attached in the zipped archive:
Scshots1.zip (215.4 KB)

Hi,

This is Vanmeeganathan. I am a colleague of Ujjwal. We have changed the default editing language of excel to Japanese as suggested by you. Still, the issue is not resolved. **The wordwrap in the template and the generated PDF seems to be different. **WordWrapIssue.zip (101.2 KB)

Please help.

@Vanmee,

Thanks for the template file and output PDF.

I checked your output PDF file a bit. Well, you are using older version of Aspose.Cells for Java v17.3.8 to generate the file. Please try our latest version/fix (as suggested earlier): Aspose.Cells for Java 17.10.

Let us know if you still find the issue.

@Vanmee,

We were able to reproduce the issue as you have mentioned, so I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42441” for your issue.

We did evaluate your issue further. The workbook’s default font is Calibri, so MS Excel’s edit language should be set to “English (United States)”. Next, you will see our generated PDF is little different from Excel’s printview. We found because FitToPagesWide and FitToPagesTall options are set in your file, also there are pages scales set (You can see it in Excel’s PageSetup). You will see In this case, the text wrap may not be right in ours generated PDF file.

Considering the above reason, we might not fix the issue soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Hi Aspose team,

Please suggest some means to overcome the different word wrap issue. Please suggest some aspose work around methods which we may use. All the while, it would be nice if we got some permanent fix.

We are also having this border issue where the margins being displayed in print preview is different from that of the pdf. Please help.
PDF.pdf (70.5 KB)
17.11.2017.zip (78.2 KB)

We have also anlaysed the fonts in the pdf. They are returning calibri, ariel and CorpoS.

The PDF is being generated differently in different environments. Our Client is expecting accuarcy. Please kindly help us as quickly as possible with the reason and solution.

@Vanmee,

Thanks for the template file and output PDF file.

Well, you must have fonts (used in the workbook) installed on your system for Excel to PDF rendering and you need to specify the fonts folder at the start of your application. Also, your application should be able to access the fonts folder. See the document on how to configure fonts for rendering spreadsheets for your reference:

Now come to your case, could you provide us the fonts used in your file (e.g “CorpoS”, “MS ゴシック”), so we could evaluate your issue properly, you can zip the font files (*.ttf) and attach it here.

Hi,

The files are big due to which we are not able to attach. Please tell any other method to attach the files.
It is approx. 4 MB

@Vanmee,

Well, you may zip the font files and upload to some file sharing service (e.g Dropbox, Google drive, etc. or else) and share the Download link to get the files. Moreover, please see the reply here as we already provided details here:

(Please note, we will have a little difference in the output file when comparing with Microsoft Excel generated for wrapping text. The may not fix this issue soon.)

And, we checked your margin issue a bit. Well, from your shared PDF file, it seems that you are missing workbook’s default font (i.e., Calibri font) which have caused the margin problems. So, kindly do install Calibri font and make sure you have set the fonts folder directory path at the start in your code, it should fix this issue.

Hi Amjad,

we are not allowed to use cloud services. Could you please share a email Id where I can drop the TTC files.

Thanks,
Vanmeeganathan

@Vanmee,

I guess you did not read my previous reply. Please see my reply with details.
Please note, the text wrapping issue cannot be fixed for now.
For the margin issue, it is because of missing workbook’s default font (i.e., Calibri font).

The attachments you upload in the forums should not be more than 3 MB in size. Well, you may create two zip files (based on your .ttf files) as your font files size is approx. 4MB. You may even post two replies here with one zip file attached at a time.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Thanks for the suggestion to use Calibri font. It was able to resolve the Wordwrap issue.

When we are generating the pdf in two different environments, there is a piece of text which is moving up. I have highlighted that portion in the attached PDFs. I have attached the template also. Could you please suggest a fix to prevent the text from moving up.

cf_local.pdf (86.3 KB)
cf_preprod.pdf (69.0 KB)
PDF16_CoverSheet.zip (14.4 KB)