Borders are not shown in Aspose.slides 2.6.0

hi,

After updating Aspose.slides from 2.2.0 to 2.6.0 borders are not shown.
See peace of code what draw borders with 2.2.0, but not with 2.6.0

Line line = (Line)iterator.next();
LineFormat lineFormat = line.getLineFormat();
lineFormat.setForeColor( Color.BLACK );
lineFormat.setWidth( 3 );

in attached files you can find real report generated by Aspose.slides 2.6.0 and 2.2.0 used same code

Hi Aleksandr,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the two generated presentations shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. However, we are more interested in source code and source presentation that you have used for generating the shared presentation. We will be investigating the issue on the basis of that and will be in a better position to help you out further.

Thanks and Regards,

A simple example.

public static void main(String arg[]){
Presentation pres = new Presentation( );
Slides slides = pres.getSlides();
for(int i=0;i < slides.size(); i++){
Table aTable = slides.get( i ).getShapes().addTable( 10,10,10,10,10,10 );
aTable.setBorders( 3, Color.BLACK );
}
pres.save( “test.ppt”, SaveFormat.PPT );
}

border are not shown in Aspose.slides 2.6.0, but in slides 2.2.0 border shown

Hi Aleksandr,

I have been able to observe the issue shared by you and have created an issue with ID 29633 in our issue tracking system. Our development will investigate the issue and we will share the further information on the basis of that.

Thanks and Regards,

Is there any update on this issue? I am running across the same problem and would like to know if there is a work around or an estimate on when it will be addressed?

Thanks.

Hi David,

I regret to share that the issue of missing borders in generated table has not yet been resolved. We will share information with you once the issue is resolved.

As a work around, I can offer you to use add a table in some template presentation slide and then access that table shape using serialization of shapes and add it in your target presentation. I am hopeful that this work around will work for you. Please visit this documentation link to see how to serialize the PPT shapes. Please share, if you still feel any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Unfortunately, I do not this will work for us. Our tables are created based off another document so we do not have predefined table layouts. If I understand the workaround correctly it is to basically have a predefined table in a template file that we just serialize into the generated PPT.

Because tables are a large part of our presentations this is a big issue for us. We tried using the latest version of slides to resolve an issue with opening PPT files on Office for Mac, which it resolved. But with this table issue we can use this version in production.

Do you have any general idea if this issue will make it into the next round of hot fixes, or the next release?

Thanks.

Hi David,

I am sorry that the presented workaround did not prove helpful for you. I would suggest you to copy slide using serialization and then modify that table based on your requirements by cloning new rows and columns inside it to suit your need.

Moreover, I have requested our development team for the updated status of the issue and availability of the fix. As soon as some updates are shared, I will be happy to pass on them to you.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-29633) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.