Box in Table Cell centered in Word - not centered in PDF

Hi,
See attached Word and PDF files. I’m using Aspose.Words 5.3.0 and Aspose.PDF.3.8.0.0 and the following code to convert the files:

Dim docStream As New IO.MemoryStream
doc.Save(docStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.AsposePdf)
Dim pdf As New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf()
pdf.BindXML(docStream, Nothing)
pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = True

First page, section 1 (Program feedback), the spacing between the words in the containing table cell in Word is larger than in the PDF.
The square boxes in Word are center aligned in the table cell, but in PDF they are left aligned.
First page, section 3 (Pathways), the square boxes next to the “No” and “Yes” are positioned correctly in Word, but not in the PDF.
First page, section 4 (Regional Coordinator support), the table with the four (empty) rows is indented in Word, but not in the PDF. This is strange, because on the second page, section 6, the table IS indented correctly in both the Word and the PDF?
Second page, section 7 (Program declaration) - the boxes next to “Cheque number” are separated in Word but together in the PDF.
As an aside: I’m using Word 2007 and when I just save the document as PDF, it produces a much better PDF document than Aspose.PDF. Is there some way I can do that on the web server? Is there some way I can “print” the Aspose Word document to a PDF printer (or something), which will give me a more accurate PDF?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Note, that it is impossible to get output PDF 100% exact to the original MS Word document. So we can not guarantee 100% exact conversion from DOC to PDF and don’t promise this.

1. It seems the problem is the same as you described in another thread.
  2. I see the problem and I created new issue #6338 in our defect database.
  3. I think this problem should be fixed on Aspose.Pdf side.
  4. I can’t reproduce this problem using the latest version of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf
    Best regards.

Hello!
Thank you for your patience. #6338 has been resolved in the current codebase. We’ll issue the next hotfix in a few days and notify you here in the forum.
Regards,

Hi Alexey,

1. This problem is not the same as the font issue in another thread. I believe the PDF conversion is ignoring the paragraph spacing and indentation options that are set on the text inside the table cell.
    The font issue in the other thread was regarding the differences in the development environment versus the production environment. This problem #1 appears in both environments, so the solution in the other thread does not solve this problem. Could you please investigate further?
  2. Thanks for fixing this. I’m looking forward to the hot fix.
  3. Could I get some more information on this? Is someone having a look at this problem now, or do I have to post it to the PDF forum?
  4. I’m not sure you understand this problem. After converting to PDF, look at section 4 (Regional Coordinator support) and the empty table. Notice that the table starts directly under the number 4 in the PDF, but in Word, it’s indented (like the paragraph above it which says “Are there any ways your…”.
    If you still cannot reproduce this, could you please attach the resulting PDF that you produced as proof?

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. Aspose.Words outputs spacing in the intermediate XML. So you should post this request in the Aspose.Pdf forum.
  2. I mean problem with table indentation here. This problem could be solved by refactoring your document. If you can’t change the document then you should contact aspose.Pdf team to resolve the problem.
  3. I can’t reproduce the problem in Section 7
    “Second page, section 7 (Program declaration) - the boxes next to “Cheque number” are separated in Word but together in the PDF.”
    Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
I’ve posted these questions to the PDF forum:
<A href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/124485

Hi,

We are releasing on the 17th of November. Is there a chance you'll be publishing the next hotfix (with #6338 resolved) before then?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words releases are published every 3-4 weeks. The last one was published on the 18th of October. So I think the next one will be release before 17th of November. But I can’t provide you exact date when the release will be published. I will notify you.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
Do you have a better idea whether you’ll have this fixed before the 17th? If not, can you please suggest a workaround for me?
Thanks

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. The next release is planed for Monday (17th).
Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that we released new version of Aspose.Words. This version includes fix of issue you found earlier (issue # 6338). You can download new version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards.