Breaking changes in 9.4

I am using Aspose.Words to parse and work with Word documents that contain among other things embedded MSChart objects. Until now that charts appear as shape object that contain olestream with the chart data.

When I parse the documents I look for all shape objects that contain olestreams and I parse the streams myself and extract information from the olestream, then I recreate the chart and replace the shape object with my own shape object.

I was really dismayed when I started using 9.4 and found out that instead of finding the shape object I get an DrawingML object that does not contain the original olestream or even no data the I can work with.

Am I missing something?

Embedded is a document containing the OLE chart object that I expect to be able to get access through with Aspose

thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. In earlier version of Aspose.Words DrawingML Diagrams and Charts were lost upon processing documents. In 9.4 we provide limited support of these kinds of content. Please see the following link for more information:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.drawing/
We will provide more control over these objects in one of future versions of Aspose.Words. We will let you know once accessing data of DrawingML charts is supported.
Best regards,

Hi,

I have been developing for a while a reporting solution with Aspose.Words using the evaluation version and was satisfied with the result and was in the process of buying the component. I am depending on getting access to the underlying OLE-Stream for the chart object. It’s unfortunate that you have removed functionality and not give an alternative method of accessing stuff. It’s understandable that you want to preserve the WordML but maybe you should not have put the functionality in until it was completely implemented.

I guess I will have to use an older version of Aspose.Words which is not a good solution.

Thanks.

Hi

My apologizes for inconvenience. We will let you know once accessing to the underlying data of charts is supported.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3958) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(15)