Browser is getting hanged while incorrect formula

Hi ,

For viewing excel in browser we are using Aspose.cells.gridview .
In IE when we enters incorrect formula the browser it getting hanged then we need to reopen it again.
And once if we corrected the formula from browser also the amount is not getting calculated .

please guide me how to resolve both the issues.

Thanks,
Suganth

Hi Suganth,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I have quickly tested your presented scenario in a sample application of my own while referencing latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb 8.7.2 (along with its corresponding JavaScript files), however, I am not able to replicate any of the mentioned problems. Please note, I have used IE 11 & Chrome for testing on Windows 10 x64. In case you are using any previous release of the GridWeb component, we strongly suggest you to give the latest version a try on your end as well. In case the problem persists, please provide us an executable sample application (along with all dependencies)to replicate the said behaviour. Please also provide details about your browser type and version.

Note: Please clear the browser cache after upgrading your project to use the latest JavaScript files.

Hi ,

we are getting the same issue with aspose cells 8.7.2 version . please check the attached image for your reference.

Thanks,
Suganth

Hi Suganth,

We are sorry to know that you are still facing the said problem. Please share your sample application as we need to review your implementation of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb component as well as provide it to the concerned member of the product team, if the said problem is caused due to some bug in the component. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Hi,

I attached you the same application of how we are using the component to implement the excel viewer .
here you can check by mentioning the formula as =SUM(H15:H16 , by this incorrect formula we got the script error which i shared the attachment in previous reply.

please guide as how to resolve this.

Thanks,
Suganth

Hi Suganth,

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

I have evaluated the presented scenario while using your sample application and I am able to replicate the exception “Error in Cell: Invalid Formula” by inserting an incomplete/invalid formula to GridCell. However, I am not able to observe the hanging issue of IE 11 during the evaluation. The GridWeb component is able to set the invalid formula as cell value without exhibiting any performance lag. Please check the attached snapshot for IE 11 version information. Could you please state if you have tested the hanging issue on some other machines because it could be specific to your environment only?

Regarding the aforementioned exception, we need to discuss the matter with the concerned member of the product team to conclude if it is expected behaviour. We will shortly get back with updates in this regard.
Hi Suganth,

This is to inform you that I have logged the problem 500 Internal Error: "Error in Cell: Invalid Formula" by inserting invalid formula in GridWeb UI as CELLSNET-44339 for further investigation by the product team. As soon as we have completed the preliminary analysis of this scenario we will share our results here for your reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb (.NET) v8.7.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44339) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.