Browser Issue

Hi Team,

I have tried to convert the excel sheet into HTML format. While converting, I am able to get the proper output in the Firefox and Google Chrome. But in Internet Explorer some additional space is coming in between the two charts. Herewith I have attached the screenshot of the issue and code which I have used for your reference. Currently i'm using the Aspose-cells-8.4.2.5 Jar file. I have used the Internet Explorer Version 8.

Thanks

Prabu R

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and screen shots.

Please try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.0
I have tested your scenario/ case using v8.5.0, it works fine. I used the following sample code and I do not find any additional space between the charts when viewing in IE browser type. I have also attached the output HTML file for your reference here.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“excel.xlsx”);
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);
Cells cells = worksheet.getCells();
workbook.getWorksheets().get(“Data”).getCharts().get(0).setPlotVisibleCells(false);
HtmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML);
saveOptions.getImageOptions().setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getPng());
saveOptions.getImageOptions().setTransparent(true);
saveOptions.setExportHiddenWorksheet(false);
saveOptions.setPresentationPreference(true);
saveOptions.getImageOptions().setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING, RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);
saveOptions.getImageOptions().setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING, RenderingHints.VALUE_TEXT_ANTIALIAS_ON);
saveOptions.setHiddenRowDisplayType(HtmlHiddenRowDisplayType.HIDDEN);
workbook.save(“f:\files\outExcel1.html”, saveOptions);

Let us know if you still have any issue.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

While deploying the above code in the Weblogic server and Windows environment its working fine in all the browser. But when I deploy the code in the Unix environment, I am facing the above issue. But when I used Aspose-cells - 8.3.2 jar, I have not faced this issue. Kindly help me to resovle this issue.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi,

Please provide the output HTML files (using your template “Excel.xlsx” file) one with Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0 and other with Aspose.Cells for Java v8.3.2 on Unix environment, we will check it soon. Also, do you find the issue (output HTML file rendered with v8.5.0) only on IE8 browser type? what about other versions of IE?

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

I have checked in IE8 and IE10 versions. I am getting the same output in both the versions. Herewith I have attached the Excel files that you asked.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi,

Thanks for the template Excel files.

Do you create Excel file first and then render HTML file format dynamically via Aspose.Cells APIs? I asked you to kindly provide the output HTML files (using a single template Excel file) one with Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0 (which shows issue on IE browser type) and other with Aspose.Cells for Java v8.3.2 (which is displayed fine in IE browser type) on Unix environment, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Amjad Sahi,

Yes, I have created the HTML files dynamically from the Excel files. Please find the attachment for the HTML output files. Both are deployed in the Unix environment.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi,

Thanks for the sample HTML files.

But your both provided HTML files are not displayed fine into IE browser (Windows 8), it might be due to invalid resource files’ path set, see the screen shot attached here:
http://prntscr.com/7nyw33

Could you provide us working samples, so I could open the files fine into IE 8/10 to evaluate your issue further.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Could you please change the “src = Image path” in the tag in html files that I have sent to you. I have given path name as “C:/Users/759101/Desktop/Browser_Issue/HTML_8.3.2_ver/HTML with (8.3.2 jar)” . It’s my path . Please change it into the path that you have kept images(Charts).

While running the html files you can see the same output in the Internet Explorer. But there is some differences in the source code. Please look into it and suggest the solution for this issue.

Note : I am not able to get the HTML files directly from the UNIX server due to some constraints. I get it using the “view source files” in the IE.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Please find the new attachment for the output.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi,

Thanks for the updated output HTML files.

By viewing both HTMLs into IE does not show any significant difference but as you mentioned they would look like the same.

prabu759101:

But there is some differences in the source code. Please look into it and suggest the solution for this issue.

Could you provide details about the difference in the source, you may provide some screen shots comparing source codes of both HTMLs to quickly analyze and evaluate your issue and we may log a ticket (if required) for the issue into our database.

FYI, Aspose.Cells does follow MS Excel standards when rendering HTML files from spreadsheets, so you may also try to render HTML (by saving your Excel file as "Web Page") in MS Excel manually and open it into IE browser type (check its source especially) on Unix environment if you get same output as per the output HTML file generated by Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0 or not.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find the attachment for the screenshots of differences in the source code. Left side of the screenshot is the 8.3.2 source code and right side code is 8.5.0 code.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the screenshots.

We have tried to replicate the presented problem on different environments, including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, CentOS 6.5 & Ubuntu Desktop 14 against Oracle’s JDK 1.6 & 1.7 while using Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.0 & latest revision v8.5.0.2 (please try the latest version on your side). Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the problem on our side so we suspect that we may be missing some special configurations that you have in your environment. We will also discuss this scenario with the product team to see if we can log an investigative ticket without first replicating the issue. In the meanwhile, we request you to please provide the following information.

• Operating system version
  • Operating system architecture
  • JDK type
  • JDK version
  • Any JVM arguments that you are setting for your application and/or the conversion process.
  • Any other settings that we should be aware of.

Hi team,
Please find the details below.

• Operating system version - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.10 (Tikanga)
  • Operating system architecture - 64 bit OS
  • JDK type - SUN Java ( SE Runtime Environment )
  • JDK version - 1.6.0_25
  • Any JVM arguments that we are setting for our application and/or the conversion process. - No
  • Any other settings that we should be aware of - No

Thanks

Prabu R

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the environment details. We will try to setup RHEL 5.10 on our side to reevaluate the presented scenario at earliest possible. Could you please confirm that you have tried the latest release of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.0.2 (download link shared in my previous response)? If yes, could you please share the resultant files in an archive.

Dear Babar Raza,

I have tried with 8.5.0.2 version jar file also. But the same output I got. Could you please analyze as soon as possible. We have demo on tomorrow.
Herewith I have attached the generated html file using the Aspose-cells 8.5.0.2 jar file and above environment.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the resultant files.

Please note, we have already discussed this matter with the product team and have logged a formal investigative ticket (CELLSJAVA-41404) in our database. However, we cannot promise a quick fix for the presented scenario because we are still unable to replicate the problem on our side therefore it will be tricky and time consuming activity to pin point the problem cause, and to provide the fix, if the presented behavior is identified as a bug on the part of Aspose.Cells APIs.

By the way, I have checked your provided HTML result on my side in IE11 (compatibility mode of IE8 & IE10) without observing any issue in the layout. I have recorded my observation to the aforesaid ticket and currently waiting for the product team to analyze it further. As soon as we have received any updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi Babar Raza,

Happy Ramzan to you and your family!!!

Please let me know, if any update on this.

Thanks
Prabu R

Hi Prabu,

Thank you. Regarding the ticket logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41404, we haven’t yet received any updates, however, I took the liberty to test your last provided HTML files on different machines with IE8 & IE10. I am afraid, I do not see any problem in the HTML layout with files generated on your end. Based on these tests, I started to believe that the rendering problem could be specific to you installation only therefore I request you to check the last shared HTML files on some machines other than yours.

Hi again,

This is to inform you that the product team has completed the investigation on the ticket logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41404. The investigation didn’t revealed any problems with the API for your presented scenario (spreadsheet to HTML conversion), and we were not able to replicate the issue. Moreover, as discussed in my previous response, we were also not able to see the layout problem with your provided HTML files when viewed on our side so the problem could be related to the IE installation on your machine. You may confirm this by viewing the same files on other systems.