Bubble Chart Legend Issue

Guys

Please look at the attached archive. It contains an Excel workbook and a Java source code file.

The Java file contains the code that produces the Excel workbook. As you can see from line 51, I am modifying the color of one of the points of the bubble chart.

The Excel workbook contains two sheets apart from the demo version sheet. Sheets “0” and “1” both contain a bubble chart. On sheet “1” the legend has both series “A” abd “B” but on sheet “0” the legend has two entries when there is only a single series “A”!

I expected the chart on sheet “0” to show “A” in the legend since I have only one series.

The problem goes away if I do not modify the chart data points. This is not acceptable as modifying data points is a key requirement.

Please advise

All the best

Patrick

Aspose.zip (10.1 KB)

@Paddynski,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-42782 - Bubble chart legend issue

Could you please explain it more and provide sample code for it? It may help us to narrow down the issue.

Sample code is in the ZIP file I attached to my original post along with the output Excel file.

Th legend is not messed-up if I comment-out line 51.

@Paddynski,

Thanks for providing more description. We have tested the scenario by commenting the line 51 which returns proper legend in sheet ‘0’. This information is recorded with the ticket for our reference and will be used while working on this issue. We will write back here once any feedback is ready to share.

@Paddynski,

When the chart only has one series, changing the point’s color will make the items of legend change to category name (not series’s name). You can test the feature using MS Excel.
PS. If you want to change bubble color, please use:

sa.getPoints().get(0).getArea().setForegroundColor(com.aspose.cells.Color.getYellow());