Bubble Graph Value Axis - Sanjeev

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where the fix provided for this issue is not working.

Scenario-1
If you see in my excel the bound values for
  • Vertical (value) axis : -50.0 to 200.0 (original)
But after converting the excel to pdf and pptx
  • Vertical (value) axis : -40.0 to 180.0 (modified)
Scenario-2
If you see in my excel the bound values for
  • Vertical (value) axis : -200.0 to 1000.0 (original)
  • Horizontal (value) axis : -0.5 to 3.0 (original)
But after converting the excel to pdf and pptx
  • Vertical (value) axis : -200.0 to 1200.0 (modified)
  • Horizontal (value) axis : -0.5 to 2.5 (modified)
FYI. I’m using the latest aspose-cells-17.02.4 jar.

Please find attached the samples for both the scenarios for your reference.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe these issues and logged them in our database for a fix.

These issues have been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42215 - Bound Values of Y-Axis of Bubble Chart changes when AxisScalingValuesIssue-1.XLSX is converted to Pdf
  • CELLSJAVA-42216 - Bound Values of Y-Axis of Bubble Chart changes when AxisScalingValuesIssue-2.XLSX is converted to Pdf

I have also attached the output pdfs generated with the following code for a reference.

Java
String fileName="";
fileName = “AxisScalingValuesIssue-1.XLSX”;
dirPath = “D:/Downloads/ValueAxisBoundValuesIssue/ValueAxisBoundValuesIssue/Scenario-1/”;

fileName = “AxisScalingValuesIssue-2.XLSX”;
dirPath = “D:/Downloads/ValueAxisBoundValuesIssue/ValueAxisBoundValuesIssue/Scenario-2/”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + fileName);

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

wb.save(dirPath + fileName + “.out.pdf”, opts);

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

For your issue

CELLSJAVA-42215 - Bound Values of Y-Axis of Bubble Chart changes when AxisScalingValuesIssue-1.XLSX is converted to Pdf

We did not find any issue. Please check AxisScalingValuesIssue-1-Open-With-2016.png. It is the snapshot of your source file when opened in Excel 2016.

Also, when we open AxisScalingValuesIssue-1.XLSX with 2010 and 2013, the scales of y-axis is same too, they are 180,160,…,-40. So it is not a bug.

For your issue

CELLSJAVA-42216 - Bound Values of Y-Axis of Bubble Chart changes when AxisScalingValuesIssue-2.XLSX is converted to Pdf

The scales of y-axis is an issue which we have fixed now and will provide you hot fix asap.

The scales of x-axis cannot be fixed. As the major unit of x-axis is automatic, now we cannot do same as excel. It is too complex. If the bubble is not extended to the out of plot area, we will try to get small value. For this case, 2.5 and 3, we will choose 2.5 first.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.3.2 (attached).

We have fixed the issue “CELLSJAVA-42216”, check the description/details in previous reply.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

Please find my below observations :

CELLSJAVA-42215 - Bound Values of Y-Axis of Bubble Chart changes when AxisScalingValuesIssue-1.XLSX is converted to Pdf

Im using MS Office 2013 and can see Y axis scaling values from -50 to 200.
In PDF and PPTX it has got changed from -40 to 180.
Please check the attached screenshots for your reference.

CELLSJAVA-42216 - Bound Values of Y-Axis of Bubble Chart changes when AxisScalingValuesIssue-2.XLSX is converted to Pdf

I tested with the suggested aspose-cells-17.3.2 jar and the Y axis scaling issue has been fixed for AxisScalingValuesIssue-2.XLSX sample.

Also attaching the excel used and generated PDF, PPTX results for the Scenario-1

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots and sample files.

Thanks for your confirmation on the issue “CELLSJAVA-42216” and we are glad that your issue is sorted out by the new fix.

Regarding the issue “CELLSJAVA-42215”, we did find similar results as yours on some machines while on other machines, we got different results (see the previous post for your reference). Anyways, our concerned developer will evaluate your issue further and we will get back to you once we have further updates.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42216) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.