Bug: Chart 'elbow connector' line element fails to paste into document

Hi,

I’m inserting charts from Aspose.Cells into Words document. I cannot get all the contents of the chart to paste in.

Attached Excel with 3 charts, and the output doc. Code is below.

The red ‘elbow connector’ lines (ie, the lines with right-angle bends used to link text to bits on the chart) don’t appear in the Word doc. But they appear correctly if you select the chart, copy, then paste into Word.

Great if you can provide a fix, or a workaround?

Thanks, Tom.

Dim wkbook As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“Test-ChartLines.xlsx”)
Dim docReport As New Aspose.Words.Document
Dim builderReport As New Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(docReport)
builderReport.InsertImage(wkbook.Worksheets(0).Charts(0).ToImage)
builderReport.InsertImage(wkbook.Worksheets(0).Charts(1).ToImage)
builderReport.InsertImage(wkbook.Worksheets(0).Charts(2).ToImage)
docReport.Save(“Test-ChartLines.doc”)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and would like to share with you that your query is more related to Aspose.Cells. I am moving this thread to Aspose.Cells forum and my colleagues from Aspose.Cells team will reply you shortly.

Ok, thanks Tahir

Best, Tom.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for providing us template Excel file.

I can find the issue as you have mentioned. The connector shapes on the chart are not rendered in the output image. The feature might not be supported.

My simplest Sample code goes here using your template file:

Workbook wkbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Test-ChartLines.xlsx”);
wkbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].ToImage(“e:\test2\outTest-Charts.png”, ImageFormat.Png);

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-41173 for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Any progress on this? I am currently evaluating whether to purchase Aspose - would be great if there is a fix.

Thanks, Tom.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I am afraid, your issue is not resolved yet. Please spare some more time around (2~3) working days.

Hopefully, your issue will be fixed soon.

Hi,

The shape’s position need optimization.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel

I’ve installed and tested, and looks like this has fixed the issue.

Thanks very much for solving!

Best, Tom.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix v7.3.3.3.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.