[BUG] Exception during MailMerge when MergeField inside of INT field is not known by IMailMergeDataSource

Hi

this is a bug that was introduced for us when we switched from version 10.5 to 14.1 (and is also in 14.3)

Attached you will find a test project to demonstrate the issue.

We have a template where we have a MergeField inside of an INT field. So for example the MergeFields value is 26,00 (it is a double formatted N2 with German CultureInfo) and cause of the INT field the result is 26. This is later used in some formulas in a document of our customers.

In our application we perform multiple MailMerge calls to get different information in.
For example one to get person data in, one to get some contract data in.
So if our number field is included in the second MailMerge, the application now throws an exception when we do the first MailMerge with person data because the field is not included there.

In version 10.5 there was no eception thrown. Instead the field kept untouched and later it was picked up by the second merge or never if there wasn’t a matching MailMerge.

We could change the templates to use some other way to get the integer value of a number however we have a lot of customers with a lot of templates so it would be good if you could take a look at it.
I also played with CleanUpOption set to None but no effect.

Thanks for your help.
BR

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10008. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10008) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.