Bug in wildcard parsing

There seems to be a bug in the formula evaluator regarding wildcards and COUNTIF.

In Excel, the wildcard test* means the same as test and will match on “test”. However, Aspose does not match on “test”. It seems like in Aspose the * means “one or more” and does not first collapse multiple *s into 1, as Excel does.

So far I’ve been very satisfied by Aspose during my trial evaluation, but this bug is keeping me from purchasing and using it in production. Could you look into this?

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for using Aspose products.

We have recently published Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) with some fixes in the formula engine. I would request you to please give the latest version a try at your end, and see if you still can reproduce the said problem.

In case your problem persists, please provide us the executable code snippet as well as the template spreadsheet (if any) for our review. It would be of great help if you could also provide the snapshots highlighting the problem under discussion.

The bug is still there. See attached example. The contents of cell D3 in Excel is 3. When I evaluate this cell with Aspose.Cells for Java, the content is 0.

Could you please look into this?

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your cooperation.

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.7.1. I have logged a ticket in our bug tracking system to look further into this matter, and to provide a fix at earliest. The ticket Id for your future reference is CELLSJAVA-40715.

Please spare us little time to isolate the problem cause. In the meanwhile, we’ll keep you posted with updates in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks. Is there anywhere I can check the progress of this ticket, or do you have an ETA for the fix?

Hi Yousaf,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis. You can request us to find the status of your issue. We will also update you at this thread once there is some news for your issue in our database. You will also get an automatic notification when this issue is resolved by the development team.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Thanks a lot, seems to work well!

Hi Yousef,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40715) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.