BUG: Inconsistent behavior when export Excel to PDF

Hi Aspose Support,

I am experiencing problem when trying to export an Excel file (original.xlsx) to PDF.

I’ve tried 2 versions of the released libraries and the output is inconsistent. 7.2.2.pdf is generated using version 7.2.2.0 and 7.3.3.pdf is generated using version 7.3.3.0.

If you notice, for version 7.2.2.0, it seems alright except that the numbers in RED does not align properly with those in BLACK. However in the original file, the alignment isn’t an issue.

For the latest version 7.3.3.0, the alignment seems ok except that an extra dot is added to the numbers in BLACK.

My code is relatively simple, basically just to read the original.xlsx file and save it as .pdf format.

Dim wb As Workbook = New Workbook(Fileupload1.PostedFile.FileName)
wb.Save(Server.MapPath(fn) + “.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf)

Kindly please advise

Regards,
Vincent

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.3.3
.It should work fine.

I have tested it with the following code using the latest version and it is working fine. Please check the attached output pdf generated by it.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\original.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried using your copy of DLL and it seems to produce the same output as v7.3.3.

In addition, your output will contain the alignment issue as highlighted previously in v7.2.2.0

“If you notice, for version 7.2.2.0, it seems alright except that the
numbers in RED does not align properly with those in
BLACK. However in the original file, the alignment isn’t an issue.”

We are currently using .NET 2.0, using VB.NET. Not sure if there is any compatibility issue.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please provide us your project replicating this issue?

I compared your output file with mine and found that output pdf generated by my above code generates correct result.

Please check the output pdf and comparison screenshot below for your reference.

Let us know if you still find any issue, we will look into it and help you asap.

Screenshot:

vincenttan:
We are currently using .NET 2.0, using VB.NET. Not sure if there is any compatibility issue.

Please advise.

Thanks

Are you using .NET ClientProfile or a Normal .NET Framework?

There are two separate Aspose.Cells for .NET dlls (assemblies) for both type of .NET Framework versions.

If you are using the Normal DLL on ClientProfile NET Framework, it might cause such an issue and vice versa?

Apart from above, there are no compatibility issues between C# and VB.NET.

I’ve highlighted the difference in blue for your reference.

I’ll provide the solution shortly.

I’m using dll on ClientProfile.

Hi,

I’ve attached my solution for your reference.

Please take a look at 722vs7333.jpg as well.

Thanks.
vincenttan:
I'm using dll on ClientProfile.
Hi,

Thanks for your input.

In this case, you should use ClientProfile dll found inside the net3.5_ClientProfile folder in Major Official Release: Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.3.3

For your convenience, I have extracted it and attached with this post.

Please download and try the attached ClientProfile v7.3.3.0 dll on your machine and let us know your run results.
vincenttan:
Hi,

I've attached my solution for your reference.

Please take a look at 722vs7333.jpg as well.

Thanks.

Thanks for your project. It generated correct results on my machine.

So, this issue is only occurring because you are using the normal dll on client profile. Once you will use the client profile dll shared by me in the given post, it will fix your issue.

Please check the attached output files generated by your project for your reference.

• AC_Test_20121115121334.xlsx
  • AC_Test_20121115121334.pdf

Thanks clientprofile seems to work but I am still having the right alignment issue as shown in the screenshot.

The numbers in RED and BLACK do not align to the right as desired. The right alignment seems to be slightly off.

Regards,
Vincent

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing your run results.

It’s good to know that your dot issue does not exist anymore and your original issue that is also occurring with v7.2.2 still exists.

We have found the alignment issue. The right alignment seems to be slightly off.

We have logged this issue in our database so that it could be fixed. Once, this issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41193.

Thanks Shakeel for the assistance. May I know what is the ETA of the fix?

Hi,

Please spare us sometime around 2~3 working days. Normally, the easier issues are fixed in this time span.

For complex issues, it could take couple of weeks. Hopefully, your issue will be fixed soon.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

We have purchased Aspose.Cells component from a vendor in Singapore and was ready to deploy the solution to Production environment until this alignment issue surfaces.

Please let me know as soon as possible when there is a fix to this issue.

Regards,
Vincent

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells.

We will keep you updated by posting on this thread about any fix or progress relating to this issue.

Since, your thread is linked with the issue id: CELLSNET-41193, so when the fix is available, you will also get the automatic notification.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we will be glad to help you.

mshakeel.faiz:
Hi,

Please spare us sometime around 2~3 working days. Normally, the easier issues are fixed in this time span.

For complex issues, it could take couple of weeks. Hopefully, your issue will be fixed soon.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

May I know if there is any fix to this issue already?

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Vincent

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue is still not resolved.

However, you should download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.4.1

at your end to check its results.

I have also logged your comments against this issue. Hopefully, your issue will be fixed soon.

Hi again,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Please give a try to the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 16.12.0 as it produces the correct results against your sample.