Bug Load and save file

Please juste load the file suppliers.xls (found => http://207.234.225.64/Suppliers.xls) and save it (with or whitout any updates)

Once it is saved, just open the just created file with excel 2003. You will see the bug

i have used aspose.cells v 4.1.1.0

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Your file is created using BIFF7(Excel95 or earlier versions). Aspose.Cells does not completely support BIFF7 file format. It supports BIFF7 encryption related to a few protected files. Aspose.Cells support BIFF8 or greater file formats (Excel97 - Excel2003). So you have to convert the file into greater versions.

Follow the steps for conversion:

1. Open your file "Suppliers.xls" into MS Excel (Excel97 - Excel2003).

2. Save As..."Microsoft Excel Workbook".

I have created your file into Excel 2002 format (The file is attached with this post). You may use it now.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Sorry, forgot to include the attachment. Here it is.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Hi,

It's not working. I have already tested with many typeformats. i have put again the original file saved in format "workbook excel" ==> http://207.234.225.64/Suppliers.xls

Try to load it with aspose.cells, and save it. I don't succeed to open the aspose's saved file without any errors coming from Microsoft Excel.

Thanks to help me

Same problem with your file

SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

All is working, it's my fault.

I have user Workbook.LoadData and not the Open method.

What is the LoadData method ?

Thanks for your wonderful Job, and your quick ansver. I am an Aspose's fan

Hi,

Well Workbook.LoadData() method only loads data , formulas and some formattings while all other contents and settings are not retrieved into the memory.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

@chezlui,

We recommend you to kindly try upgrading to and use latest version of the product which includes support for older BIFF7 (Excel 95/5.0 - 2003 Workbook) formats with enhancements now:

Also, see the document for supported input and output file formats by Aspose.Cells: