Bug: PDF/a conversion fails with 10.5.0.0 (works with 10.4.0.0)

Aspose.PDF .Net 10.5.0.0 fails to convert the attached PDF to PDF/a. It works with 10.4.0.0 and also with other documents.

The PDF was generated by Microsoft OneNote from a mail.

The Aspose error message is:

ExtGState 'ca' value shall be 1.0

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario with PDFA1b standard using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.5.0 over Win 7 64 bit and I am unable to notice the reported error message. I have verified compliance using Adobe Preflight tool without any errors. Please share your sample code and environment details, so we will investigate the issue further.

Document pdf = new
Document(myDir + “ErrorConvertToPDFa.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

pdf.Convert(myDir+"log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

pdf.Save(myDir + "PDFA1bout.pdf");

Best Regards,

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually it already throws errors on validating, and we are using the 2B variant:

Aspose.Pdf.Document convertDoc;

//... prepared doc

convertDoc.Validate(tmpFileName, Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B);

tmpFileName contains the error above.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. I will appreciate if you please share complete sample code so we can replicate the issue at our end. I have tested as following but unable to notice the issue.

Document pdf = new
Document(myDir + “ErrorConvertToPDFa.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

pdf.Convert(myDir + "log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

pdf.Save(myDir + "PDFA2bout.pdf");

pdf = new Document(myDir + "PDFA2bout.pdf");

Console.WriteLine(pdf.Validate(myDir+"validate.xml", Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B));

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Our system is too complex to easily share it, but I quickly built a reference console program for you which replicates the issue (see attachment).

Thanks
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for sharing sample code. I have managed to notice the reported issue during validation of PDFA2b. So we have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-39003 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-39003) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.