Bug report during conversion of doc/docx file to rtf using Aspose.Words for .NET

Hello,

This is a bug report during conversion of doc/docx file to and from rtf using Aspose.Words for .NET.

I used the following C# code and Aspose.Words for .NET 14.10 to generate my problem.

==============================

var docx = new Document(“c:/tmp/correct.rtf”);

docx.Save(“c:/tmp/wrong.rtf”, SaveFormat.Rtf);

docx.Save(“c:/tmp/wrong.docx”);

docx = new Document(“c:/tmp/correct-src.docx”);

docx.Save(“c:/tmp/correct-out.docx”);

The above correct things mean that all the contents in them are right. But wrong things mean that some parts of output broken.

It seams to me that Aspose.Word for .NET cannot handle doc/docx/rtf rtf when there are MathType contents.

I’m about to buy Aspose.Total for .NET after this test. But, this makes me hesitated.

Regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hi YoungChul,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11011. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Dear Tahir,

Thank you for your response.
This kind of problem can also be in other Platforms.

Regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hi YoungChul,

psyccho:

This kind of problem can also be in other Platforms.

Could you please share some detail about ‘other Platforms’? We will log this detail in our issue tracking system for WORDSNET-11011.

Dear Tahir,

The other platforms mean that Java, SharePoint, and so on if they share the same algorithm as in .NET.

Regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hi YoungChul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, Aspose.Words for Java and Aspose.Words for SharePoint are completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java and SharePoint; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET.

Best regards,

Hello,

Will it take long to fix the problem?

Regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hello,

I checked the internals of files and found that <w:position w:val="-24"/> were missing for MathType ole object when you were handling docx/doc -> rtf conversion.

Best regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hello,

Please, disregard the above.
There was an error.

I checked the internals of files and found that
position property was missing from Run for MathType ole object when you were handling docx/doc -> rtf conversion.

Best regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hi YoungChul,

Thanks for your inquiry.
psyccho:

Hello, Will it take long to fix the problem?

I would
like to share with you that
issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve
basis. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the
queue. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the
moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you
an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11011) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello,

Several hours ago, I got a message that the bug was fixed.
But after my testing with the current aspose words for .net, I found that the problem is still remaining.

Maybe you are confusing about equation.
The math equation that I mentioned was ‘MathType’ based math equation not ‘ms equation’ based equation.

Best regards,

YoungChul Cho

Hi YoungChul,

Thanks for your
inquiry.

ycc:

I used the following C# code and Aspose.Words for .NET 14.10 to generate my problem. ==============================
var docx = new Document(“c:/tmp/correct.rtf”);
docx.Save(“c:/tmp/wrong.rtf”, SaveFormat.Rtf);
docx.Save(“c:/tmp/wrong.docx”);

docx = new Document(“c:/tmp/correct-src.docx”);
docx.Save(“c:/tmp/correct-out.docx”);
The above correct things mean that all the contents in them are right. But wrong things mean that some parts of output broken.
It seams to me that Aspose.Word for .NET cannot handle doc/docx/rtf rtf when there are MathType contents.

I have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.12.0 with same code example shared by you to convert RTF to RTF/Docx and have not found any broken math equation output. I have attached the input and output documents with this post for your kind reference.

The issue WORDSNET-11011 is about math equations which was not converted correctly. Please check the attached image for this issue detail. The ‘Test’ word in math equation is not completely visible in output Docx/RTF. This issue is fixed in latest version of Aspose.Words.

Could you please share some detail about your query (wrong things mean that some parts of output broken)?
ycc:

Maybe you are confusing about equation. The math equation that I mentioned was ‘MathType’ based math equation not ‘ms equation’ based equation.

It would be great if you please share some more detail about your query regarding MathType and MS Equation. Please check the attached input document (correct.rft) and output documents (Out.rtf and Out.docx) and share the issue with output documents. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.