We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Bug report: insertHTML with complex tables doesn't export correctly to .docx but its OK to .doc

Hi,


I’m getting a problem with aspose for java with a somewhat complex table (cells merged, etc). I’m just taking the HTML of the table and doing an insertHTML and saving the doc as DOCX or DOC.

The weird thing is that in DOCX the table is messed up, and in DOC it works OK.

Any workaround for this?
My client needs to have these kind of tables so any explanation on why this happens and how can I avoid it is essential… Can I “filter” the HTML to avoid this or some trick?

Attached are the resulting docs and Java code excerpt


HTML code for the table:

 

Ref.
 
Datas / horas Descrição sumária

da modificação, alteração ou trabalho perigoso efectuado
Entidade / responsável Observações
Início Conclusão
           
           
           
           
           
           
           
           

 

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

As a temporary solution, maybe you can build table from scratch using Apsose.Words. You can find a code example here:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/inserting-document-elements.html

Best regards,

Thanks for the confirmation of the problem.


Unfortunately I have to build the table from HTML. I can only do transformations in the HTML that I pass to Aspose.Words, so if you find out the root cause of this problem that can help be, I’ll appreciate it.

I hope this is corrected for the next big aspose.words release :slight_smile:

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because there are merged cells in your table. As a temporary workaround, you can try avoid using merged cells. Unfortunately, I did not find any other solution.

We will surely let you know once the problem is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi,


Tested in the new beta Java Aspose.Words this problem stills exists.

My client has an Aspose.Words license and really need this to be fixed.
Does it make a difference in the priority of this bug if they report the issue instead of me? (I don’t know if the support is different for paying customers or not)

Hello,

Thank you for your request.
Java version of our product is autoported .Net version. Problem reproduced on .Net version. And unfortunately not yet solved.
Once the problem is solved, it will automatically fixed in the Java version. We'll let you know immediately as soon as it happens.

If your client has the Priority Support, and complement that post, we change the severity of the bug to Priority Support in our defect database it will rise the priority.

Hello,


I think it’s the same problem as described by me in this thread: <a href="

Correct?
As a paying customer I would prefer if you could track that issue with Priority Support, because we have, as of now, heavy production problems. A lot of documents which contain tables are broken. That is a very bad situation in a large production environment!

Best Regards

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your request. No, the problem reported in this thread and the problem you have found earlier are different. We will let you know once your issue is resolved. I apologize for inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4244) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.