Bug saving XLSX to PDF: ASPOSE Hangs on similar files- one works- the other doesnt

Hello,

ASPOSE.CELLS hangs when trying to save similar files to PDF. One works, the other hangs.

To reproduce in VB.NET the one that does work:
Dim v_wb2 As Workbook = New Workbook(“C:<b>print_works.xlsx”)
v_wb2.Settings.Region = CountryCode.Brazil
v_wb2.Save(“C:<b>print_works.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf)
v_wb2 = Nothing

To reproduce in VB.NET the one that does not work:
Dim v_wb2 As Workbook = New Workbook(“C:<b>print_doesnt_work.xlsx”)
v_wb2.Settings.Region = CountryCode.Brazil
v_wb2.Save(“C:<b>print_doesnt_work.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf)
v_wb2 = Nothing

Please check attachments. Help is appreciated since this is blocking our automation activities. Im using the latests ASPOSE.CELLS release, i.e. Aspose.Cells_8.5.2

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and found that Aspose.Cells hangs on your source excel file namely print_doesnt_work.xlsx. We have tested this issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.2.1.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43861 - Aspose.Cells hangs while saving the excel file to pdf

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Hello,

It did not work… Have you tested with the example file I sent ? I tested it with it, and it didn’t work…

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit using your template file and sample code (from your first post) with Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.2.2 (fix is already provided to you), it works fine. I could not find the issue now. I suspect you are still using some older version of the product. So, kindly double check the version/fix on your side and make sure you are using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.2.2. I think you can also print the version number at runtime (see the document for your reference: Check Version Number|Documentation

Let us know if you still have any issue.

Thank you.

Hello,

You are right. I was copying the file into my bin folder, compiling, and when I see, the version was changing, i.e, the ASPOSE.CELLS DLL file was beeing replaced.

The problem was file Aspose.Cells.dll.refresh, present in the bin folder, which was replacing it… I have removed it, replaced DLL you sent me, and now it works.

I have noticed, in the new version, the Worksheet.Last() function doesnt exist anymore… I have got to change some parts of the code due to that to use Worksheet(Worksheet.count - 1), no big deal, but maybe would be a good idea to keep it for compatibility, plus: its useful…

Thank you for your quick and great support.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for the confirmation on the issue discussed in this thread. We have now closed the ticket.

Regarding your concerns about the Worksheet.Last method, I have checked the aforesaid method isn’t present in last major release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.2, therefore I believe it could have been removed some time back. It is good to know that you can workaround this situation. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.