Bug when updating aspose to 17.10

Recently, reaslized realized that when we updated to Aspose 17.10 we had one test failing. The problem is that If we have a message with Message Format to ASCII and trying to save it as Unicode. It becomes corrupted. Please note this behavior was not happening in previous versions. It was working smoothly without any bugs or problems such as Aspose.Email 17.5

I have attached the message and the code.

aspose_bug.zip (5.4 KB)

@bahakh,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have tried to re-produce the scenario using following sample code however issue is not reproduced using latest library Aspose.Email for ,NET 17,11.

var nonUnicodeMapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromFile(@“AsciMessageFormat.msg”);
nonUnicodeMapiMessage.Save(@“notWorkedMessage.msg”, Aspose.Email.SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode);

If issue is still there with the latest version, please send us the ascii stream saved in a file for our testing as using the MSG file does not re-produce the issue.

I apologize I forgot to mention explicitly that the error appear when you try to open the message in outlook after you run the sample code. See attachment:

Outlook_Error.PNG (1.9 KB)

@bahakh,

This issue is observed and logged under Id:EMAILNET-38876 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Can you please tag this as a blocker or something, as this bug is holding delivery of our product to an important customer.

@bahakh,

The issue has been logged too recently and is pending for investigation by our Product team. If you want to escalate the severity of issue, you can raise a ticket in paid support section. Please let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

Hi, did your team get the chance to check the bug and fix it? when should we expect a fix?

@bahakh,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team again.

We are glad to share that this issue is resolved and will be part of our next release expected in the mid of January 2018. You will be automatically notified once this new version is released and available online for download.

@bahakh,

This issue has now been fixed in Aspose.Email for .NET 17.12. Please try it at your end and let us know your feedback in case of any query.