We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Bug when using Excel ListObjects

Hi, I’d like to report two behaviours which, in my opinion might be bugs.

I’ve attached a console application and a template file showing the issues.
  1. The first sheet contains two ListObjects with column formula referencing other columns of the same table; when inserting rows in that sheet, whether it involves the listObjects or not, some wrong formula appears around depending on the number of inserted rows and on the number of column formula defined per table (see output file for more details);
  2. The second sheet contains a ListObject where some headers contain carriage return in their text. If those columns are used in formulae, once you save the workbook with Aspose, formulae get broken showing the #REF error code (see Sheet2 of the output file).
  3. Also using a formula like the following “=SUM(Table3[[#Headers];[#Data];[Column1]:[Column3]])” results in the same (parsing?) error as stated in the above point 2 (see Sheet2 of the output file for the related example).
Thanks in advance for you help.

Hi,


Thanks for the sample project with template file.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.5

1) After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template file. I found that some wrong formulas appear around depending on the number of inserted rows. The first worksheet has ListObjects/ Tables in it and some redundant/ junk formulas are added to those inserted rows. The second worksheet (which has List Object) is fine though.
e.g
Sample code:

var workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@“TableTry.xlsx”);

Aspose.Cells.Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
worksheet.Cells.InsertRows(16, 3, true);

workbook.Save(@“TableTryOutput1.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44131” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.


And. I could only reproduce the first issue as for other issues you mentioned, it works fine with latest version.

Thank you.

First of all, thank you very much for the quick response.

I’ve tried replacing my Aspose.Cells dll with the one you provided, and it worked fine for the 2nd issue while the 3rd’s still there (Sheet2!N10 still contains a #REF error after saving the file).
I’ll track this thread for further news.

Hi,


Thanks for providing us further details.

You are right, I observed this issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template file. I found that Sheet2!N10 still contains a #REF in the output file. Although this issue is related to the issue “CELLSNET-44131 which is already logged into our database. Anyways, I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44132” for the issue. We will also look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi Katja,


This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44132. We will shortly provide the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements. As soon as the next build of Aspose.Cells for .NET is available for your testing, we will notify you here in reference to aforementioned tracking code.

Hi,


In fact we fixed your both issues i.e., “CELLSNET-44131” and “CELLSNET-44132”. As Babar said, we will provide you the fix immediately by sharing the Download link here once the fix is available for public use.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.6 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you all for your prompt assistance. I’ll try the latest fix immediately and let you know.

We have tried your fixes, and now it’s fine, thanks.

I have just one more question, after embedding the new dll you provided (v8.6.2.6) in our solution, the solution is not compiling anymore.
The reason is that some collection type changed and do not support Linq extension methods anymore (so far I’ve encountered problems with workbook.Worksheets’, worksheet.CustomProperties’,
Worksheet.SparklineGroupCollection’, ListObject.ListColumns) and this is quite strange since I’d expect backcompatibility with the previous version (v8.5.1.0).

Hi,

Well, the issue (compilation issue regarding LINQ object) might be due to the fact that the fix(v8.6.2.6) shared above is compiled on .NET framework 2.0, so you might be getting these kind of errors on compile time. I think you need .NET framework 3.5 compiled version as you might be using the similar version of v8.5.1.0. We generally provide .NET 2.0 compiled fixes.

We are scheduled to release our next official version i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.0 in the next week or so (it includes all the previous fixes including yours), so you may try your desired version at that time.

Thank you.

Ok, my mistake, i didn’t provide information about which framework we are actually working with.

So said we are looking forward to the new release version with the full pack of fixes.

Thank you all.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

You did not miss anything because minor fixes are always provided in .net2.0 version and users who are using other .net framework versions have to wait for official release which is released somewhere between 15-25th of each month. So the official release is very near. Hopefully, you will get an official release next week. Thanks for your cooperation and sorry for inconvenience caused to you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44132;CELLSNET-44131) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.