Bugs in PDF.Net 10.6.0 handling of Word 2013 headers with fields

Hi we have problems converting Word (docx, 2013) files with PDF.Net 10.6.0. The fields in the headers get “mangled”. I have attached Three files: the Word original, the Aspose output and an Acrobat generated file for comparison.

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET offers the capabilities to create PDF files programatically or manipulate existing PDF files. However it does not support the feature to convert MS Word files to PDF format. Nevertheless, we have an API named Aspose.Words which provides the capabilities to create as well as manipulate existing Word files. Can you please share some details on how you convert converting Word files to PDF format and encountering above stated issues. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquriy. I have tested the PDF to DOCX conversion using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0 and unable to notice any text issue in document headers. We will appreciate it if you please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, it will resolve the issue. However if you still face the issue then please share your sample code and some more details(screenshot) about the issue.

// Path of input PDF document<o:p></o:p>

String filePath = "Voteringsunderlag.acrobat.pdf";

// Instantiate the Document object

Aspose.Pdf.Document document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(filePath);

// Create DocSaveOptions object

DocSaveOptions saveOptions = new DocSaveOptions();

saveOptions.Format = DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX;

// Set the recognition mode as Flow

saveOptions.Mode = DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow;

// Set the Horizontal proximity as 2.5

saveOptions.RelativeHorizontalProximity = 2.5f;

// Enable the value to recognize bullets during conversion process

saveOptions.RecognizeBullets = true;

// Save the resultant DOC file

document.Save(output, saveOptions);

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Sorry, my bad was writing about Another issue re Aspose.PDF and this should of course have been filed under Word. I’ll repost it there. And thanks to Tilal for the tip

Hi Sigge,

Thanks for your feedback. Sure Please post your query in related forum and while posting a query, it is always recommend to share sample code along with input/output document, it help us to address your issue accurately and efficiently.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,