Default document properties are setting automatically on saving presentation (C# .NET)

Hi, Aspose team.

Scenario : Sample PPTX file does not contain built-in properties (see “docProps\app.xml” and “docProps\core.xml” XML parts in PPTX package). I open PPTX file using Aspose.Slides and save it (to the same format or to legacy PPT format). sample - no properties.zip (23.6 KB)

Issue on save to the same format: Some built-in properties are automatically added (revision number, template, manager company, presentation format, shared document, application, application version).

Issue on conversion to PPT : Some built-in properties are automatically added (revision number, total editing time, word count, character count, paragraph count, slide count, note count, hidden slide count, multimedia clip count, scale, links dirty…).

Open XML SDK allows removing built-in propertied and they do not re-appear when file is saved. Also I do no see a point in inserting properties with wrong values (for example, words count property is always inserted with 0 value).

Can Aspose.Slides be updated so that built-in properties are not added on save if they were not present in the original file and new values are not applied using Aspose.Slides API?

Thanks

@licenses,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that these properties can not removed but can be updated via IPresentationInfo.UpdateDocumentProperties. Please visit this documentation link for more details.

Can you please create new feature request?

Feature description: API to remove built-in properties: revision number, total editing time, word count, character count, paragraph count, slide count, note count, hidden slide count, multimedia clip count, scale, links dirty…

For example if NULL is set, property is removed.

@licenses,

I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-40972 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the support will be available.