Bullet character symbol is changed after re-saving DOCX using C#

Open attached file First Name Last Name_table.docx and save it without any changes with another name via Document.save(). For some reasons bullet symbols at the lines like “List languages, include…” in saved file are different.

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for your query. Your document does not contain the bullet before text “List languages, include…”. Please see this in document explorer. Let us know, If you have any more queries

Hi Tahir,

The document does contain it if you open it in MS Word.

Hi Stanislav,

Yes, In MS word, it looks like bullet but it is character text. If you put cursor at text “List languages, include…” and press bullet list form top MS word menu. Please see the attachment. I have modified your document and also attached it to this post.

Tahir,

You are right, this is a character text, not a list. Actually, I used the word “bullet” just to describe what is the symbol I am talking about. This is why I called my post “Symbol change” not a “List format change”, for example.

But it does not really matter, Aspose.Words should not change one text to another one, this particular case affects the look of the document and will surprise its author if she/he will find that their writing was unintentionally changed.

Imagine this happened and user wants to get the initial look back, does it by hands, then if the document will be processed by Aspose one more time the look will be lost again and disappoint a user even more.

From the software perspective this is a sign of a bug: something that should not be changed is changed.

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for sharing the further information. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Thanks Tahir!

This issue looks a bit cosmetic, but for our product it is important to keep the text of the document we process as close to original as possbile.

By the way, I have not tested another symbols, but if this problem appears with currency and other tricky characters this is much more serious issue.

Hi Stanislav,

We have understood your point of view. Our development team will analyze these characters issue and fix them.

We apology for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5876) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan