Bullet point rendering incorrect

Hello,

when converting a Word document to a PDF document, bullet points are not rendered correctly:

Selection_035.png (426 Bytes)

Here is the original document:

test-bullet-points.docx (21.4 KB)

I use following code:

Document doc = new Document(new FileInputStream(original));
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.getPageSetup().setOrientation(orientation);
doc.getFieldOptions().setFieldUpdateCultureSource(FieldUpdateCultureSource.FIELD_CODE);
doc.save(converted.getAbsolutePath(), com.aspose.words.SaveFormat.PDF);

I used already different fonts, no change.

Additional info:
Aspose Words 18.8
Aspose PDF 18.7
Operating system: Linux Ubuntu 18.04
MS-Fonts are installed (ttf-mscorefonts-installer)

Thanks for your help!

Christian

@enigma969

Most probably, you are facing this issue due to missing of fonts on the machine where you doing document conversion. We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 21.10 and have not found the shared issue. So, please use Aspose.Words for Java 21.10. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference.
21.10.java.pdf (13.4 KB)

Using version 21.10 was not successful, same result.

As I understand, all necessary fonts are installed on the machine, using the “ttf-mscorefonts-installer” package on Ubuntu.

And also when trying with preinstalled Ubuntu fonts, e.g. “Liberation Serif”, I don’t get the bullet points to be rendered correctly.

Any idea? Thank you!

@enigma969

We have tested the scenario at Ubuntu and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached image for detail.
Ubuntu .png (41.8 KB)

You need to install Wingdings font on the machine where you are converting DOCX to PDF to avoid this issue.
Wingdings.png (20.2 KB)

We suggest you please read the following article.
Install TrueType Fonts on Linux