Bullets added to text boxes when resaving presentation

Attached is a very simple presentation with a single slide that has three empty text boxes on it. If you use Aspose.Slides to open the presentation and re-save it, the three empty text boxes will have bullets turned on. Can this be fixed, by any chance?

The code to reproduce this is simple:

Dim Presentation as New Slides.Presentation(PathToSourceFile)

Presentation.Save(PathToDestFile, Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppt)

Our testing also shows that this only affects ppt files - if we upgrade to pptx, the issue goes away. However, that isn’t a viable option for our client.

Aside: If you need additional information about this issue, I will be unable to respond until August 17th.

– Michael Whalen

Hi Michael Whalen,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36692
has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate
and resolve the issue.

I also like to add further here that even if you create an empty slide in PowerPoint with placeholders, it will show the same message. The bullets are color that you are observing is owing to master theme used for placeholder text. In my opinion this is default behavior of PowerPoint. However, I have linked this thread with the issue so
that you may be automatically notified once final feedback will be shared by our product team.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Sorry for the long delay in responding (I was out of town). In our testing, this issue only occurs with .ppt files, and only when resaving the file using Aspose, which is what makes me think it’s a bug. If you use a pptx file, then the bullets don’t appear upon a resave. Is it possible that in the ppt files actual empty strings ("") are getting saved when it should be nulls or something like that, maybe?

Hi Michael Whalen,

Thank you for sharing fer further feedback. I like to share that our product team has not been able to observe the issue in upcoming Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.7.0, which is due for release by the end of this month. I request you to please verify the issue on your end using the said release once it is available and share your feedback with us.

Many Thanks,

Great - we’ll take a look at the new update when it’s available. Thanks for the information.