Bullets in Word document are not rendering properly in HTML

Hello
We encountered the same problem with bullets.
After analyzing it closer, we came to the conclusion that IE8 is the problem.

I wrote a standalone program outside of our software to exclude our influence.

Document document = new Document(“test.doc”);
HtmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML);
saveOptions.setPrettyFormat(true);
document.save(“test.html”, saveOptions);

The result is correctly displayed in Firefox and IE9, but IE8 create question marks.
See the attached screen shots, also the test files (had to zip test.html to upload).

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.7.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7008. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi

I have posted this issue under ‘Priority Support’. So even if you have ‘moved’ this issue to the ‘normal’ forum, I expect an imediate hotfix for this problem!

Our customers keep complaining because not all of them can upgrade to Internet Explorer 9. Either because of corporate it policy or because they are running on WinXP.
So we exprect an immediate solution of this problem.
That’s why we are paying the priority support fee.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
Peter Henzler

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your continued support of Aspose.Words. I have answered your question in the Priority Support forum. Please follow that thread for further proceedings.

Best Regards,

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that your issue WORDSNET-7008 has now been implemented in the current code base and the fix of this issue will be included in the next release of Aspose.Words (11.11.0) that is due out at the end of this month. We will inform you as soon as the new release is published.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7008) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)