Bullets: (red squares) are being replaced by "n" symbol in process

“Archive contains simple code that generates a thumb for a slide using aspose library.
In “debug” folder you can find presentation (2515.ppt) that contains bullet list,
for some reason its items (red squares) are being replaced by “n” symbol in process.
How can this be avoided/fixed?”

Dear Roj,

I have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID 19724 has been added in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the problem. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The Bullet issue can stem from the fact that the font Arial Narrow used in the PPT Slides - is NOT properly retained (or used) during GetThumbnail call to create the thumbnail and slide images. It seem it is defaulting to Arial and causing text over flow. On developer PC images are generated correctly, however on Server they are not.

You have any code to fix this please? Very urgent.

When the PPT slides are downloaded from our application they appear normal in font size and layout.

Roj

Dear Roj,

We are thankful to you for sharing further piece of information. I have requested our development team to share the ETA for the fix to issue. As soon as some information is shared by them, I will be happy to share that with you.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Please I really need a solution to this issue on Tuesday 9/6/2010. Thank you in advance.

Roj

Hi Roj,

Our development team has investigated the matter and the issue you are facing is due to missing font. The shared presentation uses “Monotype Sorts” as font for a character bullet. When the mentioned font is unavailable in the, Aspose.Slides uses other font to draw that bullet. Install “Monotype Sorts” and thumbnail will look fine. PowerPoint can draw this bullets somehow as this font is embedded to presentation, but we can’t draw text using embedded fonts. I have downloaded the mentioned font and the thumbnail generated has no issue. For your kind reference, I have also attached the generated thumbnail. You may download font from this link:
http://free-fonts-ttf.org/true-type-fonts/monotype-sorts-9931-download.htm

Thanks and Regards,