Bullets visible in different format

Hi Aspose,

my company is considering buying your software for converting docx to html. We are converting docx to html.In docx the text contains bullet from with UTF=&#10070.

After converting to html we see that the bullet form with UTF= &#10070 is not being converted to html as is.

The Bullet form changes to some other form when I view it on INTERNET EXPLORER 8. However it is visible properly in IE9.

Please not that upgrading the version of explorer is not an option.

Please advise if something can be done about this issue.

Regards,
Prashant KS

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Please find attached document

I am only looking to retain the bullet form once the bullet_style.docx is converted to html using aspose.

Regards,

Prashant Singh

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10870. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your patience. It
is to update you that our development team has completed the
analysis of your issue (WORDSNET-10870) and has come to a conclusion that this issue has
been closed with ‘‘Won’t Fix’’ resolution.

Aspose.Words exports characters of symbolic fonts as code points of the Private Use Area, which are not recognized by IE8 in quirks (compatibility) mode. However, IE8 correctly recognizes the symbols in standards mode. To force IE8 to open the HTML document in standards mode the customer should set the HtmlSaveOptions.ExportXhtmlTransitional option on export.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + “bullet_style.docx”);

HtmlSaveOptions options = new HtmlSaveOptions();

options.setExportXhtmlTransitional(true);

doc.save(MyDir + "Out.html", options);