C++ Aspose.Cells and Aspose.PDF in one Project

Hello and good day,

at the moment I try to use Aspose.Cells and Aspose.PDF (C++) in our project because we have rather old libraries for creating .pdf and .xls files and looking for a replacement at our company.
While the implementing of Cells and PDF alone where pretty simple I just can’t get our programm to run with both libraries implemented.
I also used the Aspose.Cells example and tried to build some Aspose.PDF Functionallity in it.
The Problem is that if I implement the second of this two libraries into any project I will get a lot of erros telling me that specific classes or namespaces are ambiguous for example I get the error ““Graphics” is ambiguous” from the file “Aspose.PDF\include\asposecpplib\drawing\image.h”.
I guess the problem is that both libraries use the same namespaces at some point like System which is a include folder for Aspose.PDF aswell as for Aspose.Cells.
As far as I understood these files and namespaces do not contain the exact same functionallity otherwise I would just try to erase one of them.
I hope I described my problem in an understandable way.

Best regards,
Lars Hagelstein

@hagelsteincontinue

Thank you for contacting support.

Please note that several classes in both APIs have identical names. For example Aspose::Pdf::License and Aspose::Cells::License class, so you may avoid the ambiguity by not using the statement like, using namespace xyz; instead fully qualify the classes explicitly so that the compiler knows which License class are you referring to.

We hope this will be helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

1 Like

Okay thank you.
My problem is fixed