CalculateData throws error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hello,

I have attached a workbook with 2 sheets, the first sheet contains a pivot table and the second holds the data source. Using MS Excel 2010, I added a Calculated Field to the pivot table (2013 Price Growth Percent), then dragged it to the Values box of the pivot table using the Pivot Table Field List interface in Excel, then saved the workbook. I get the above object reference error when I subsequently open the workbook in Aspose. Please see attached workbook. Here is a simple test program you can run as a console app from Visual Studio:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
var wb = new Workbook(“OMPPBReportTemplate_2014120109584858.xlsx”);

wb.Worksheets[0].PivotTables[0].RefreshData();
wb.Worksheets[0].PivotTables[0].CalculateData();

}

Note that from within Excel the new calculated field works fine, so the formula appears to be well formed. I’m using Version 8.3.0 of Aspose.Cells.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We are able to replicate the NullReferenceException at PivotTable.CalculateData method while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.0.1 and your provided sample spreadsheet. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43203 for further investigation & correction purposes. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide the fix at earliest possible. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

Version 8.3.0.4 appears to have fixed this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now, we have closed your ticket. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43203) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.