CalculateFormula() breaks UNICHAR() for excel 2016 on Windows 10 using Aspose.Cells for .NET in C#

Hi,

When I ran CalculateFormula() on a worksheet that has =UNICHAR() function, the result became invalid.

Code:
var doc = new Workbook(@".\test.xlsx");
doc.CalculateFormula();
doc.Save(@".\out.xlsx");

I’ve attached the test files and a screenshot for your reference, for the same reason I also can’t convert this workbook to image or html properly. Could you please help me take a look?

test.zip (11.6 KB)
image.png (11.8 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,
I have tried this issue in Windows 7 and Excel 2016 but could not observe any issue. Even your output file “out.xlsx” opens fine in Excel 2016. Please share your environment details for our reference as it will help us to reproduce the scenario here.

Hi,

I’m using Excel 2016, 16.0.4849.1000 32-bit on Windows 10.

To make it more obvious and independent from Office versions, I’ve used the following code to get an HTML output:

var doc = new Workbook(@".\test.xlsx");
doc.CalculateFormula();
doc.Save(@".\out.xlsx");
var htmlFilePath = @".\out.html";
var htmlSaveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions
{
ExportHiddenWorksheet = false,
HiddenColDisplayType = HtmlHiddenColDisplayType.Remove,
HiddenRowDisplayType = HtmlHiddenRowDisplayType.Remove,
ExportActiveWorksheetOnly = true
};
doc.Save(htmlFilePath, htmlSaveOptions);

You can find the text is wrong in the html, I’ve also attached the html output for your reference.

htmloutput.zip (1.7 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46778 - CalculateFormula() breaks UNICHAR() depiction

@ServerSide527,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46778”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@ServerSide527,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.6.4 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.6.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.6.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

Hi,

Thanks very much for the quick fix.

I have tested using 19.6.4 and it’s working fine with UNICHAR() now. I’m looking forward to the July release.

Thanks again

@ServerSide527,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. And, sure, we are scheduled to release the next official release of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7 in the third/fourth week of July 2019. You will also be notified in the thread once the release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46778) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi