CalculateFormula hangs infinitely

Hi

I have a bug with Aspose.Cells with a specific excel file.
Attached you can found a sample appilcation with the excel file.
When i write the value 2500 the calculation works, but when i write the value 2600 the calculation hangs infinitely.

Sample project
test.zip (17.6 KB)

Excel file
https://m-files.ligna-systems.com/SharedLinks.aspx?accesskey=6fb75dbf1c53e6a926bc770d8bf1877d4577c56743b6423448c68fbf339ace51&VaultGUID=E8F8F1A7-5B17-43BA-99C8-BDFF3973E04B

@michaelhilgers,

Thanks for the sample project and template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template file. I found that Workbook.CalculateFormula hangs infinitely when setting specific value to the cell. I confirmed when we write the value 2500 the calculation works, but when we write the value 2600 the calculation hangs infinitely.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45935” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

OK,

with how many days do I have to expect?

Thank you for your fast reply :slight_smile:

@michaelhilgers,

Please spare us little time (5-7 days or so). If the issue is not so complex, it should be fixed in the next week.

ok thanks :slight_smile:

@michaelhilgers,

The dependencies of formulas in given template file are complicated. When the cell has value 2600, the calculation chain is more complicated than inputting 2500 and caused more deep calculation stack. When the calculation stack is too deep, we have to use some special mechanism to avoid StackOverflowException. However, this will downgrade the performance in debug mode. We have made improvement for this situation and solved the issue for your case, however, it will be always better for users to run their applications in “Run” mode instead of “Debug” mode to evaluate the performance.

A fix will be delivered soon.

@michaelhilgers,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.2.6.

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45935) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45935) have been fixed in this update. Please also check the following article:* <a href="Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation