CalculateFormula infinite hangs

I found out Aspose.Cells v21.9.0 introduced the bug. It’s also reproducible on the latest v23.9.0

There is a pretty complicated formula in the attached workbook. According to my investigation it can be calculated by Aspose.Cells v21.8.0, but since Aspose.Cells v21.9.0 call of CalculateFormula infinite hangs. Please see the code:

var wb = new Workbook("Test2.xlsx");
wb.CalculateFormula();

Important note: real file is way more complicated, I spend a lot of time to find exact place which caused the issue (since library is obfuscated, and it’s basically impossible to debug it)

Another thing I wanted to highlight, this issue caused us trouble because infinite calculation overloaded our servers, and there is no way to stop it, only kill the process.
AbstractCalculationMonitor is not an option, since it can’t catch this hang

Please fix the bug as soon as possible and add any kind of protection from such issues in the future

Test2.zip (8.8 KB)

@dredodin
By using sample files and code for testing, we can reproduce the issue. Found that the formula calculation has been unable to end.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54361

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you! I’ll discuss Paid Support Services with my manager

@dredodin,

You are welcome.

@dredodin,

The issue of calculating formulas in your template file has been resolved and the fix will be included into our next release 23.10 which may be released in this week.

1 Like