CalculateFormula() never ends for some SUMIF excel formulas

Hi Aspose team,

Let’s have the excel attached: input.xlsx and the sample-code below:

var excelDoc = new Workbook(“TestFiles\input.xlsx”);
excelDoc.CalculateFormula();

We’ll notice that CalculateFormula() method never ends (the code remains blocked at this method call).

The same behavior is when calling CalculateFormula for the first worksheet:

excelDoc.Worksheets[0].CalculateFormula(false, false, null);

Please note that I reproduced this issue with Aspose.Cells 8.5.0.0 and 8.5.0.2
The issue is not reproducible with the older version of Aspose: 8.3.2.1

I also attached a demo project with the issue described.

Best regards,

Vitalie Semenciuc
Senior Software Developer
IBM Romania

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and sample project.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that CalculateFormula() method never ends for the SUMIF Excel formulas used in your provided template file. I used the following sample code with your template file:
e.g
Sample code:

var excelDoc = new Workbook(“e:\test2\input.xlsx”);

excelDoc.CalculateFormula();

I waited for a while and then manually closed the process as it hangs on the second line of code. I have also tested, it works fine with Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.2.1 as you mentioned. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43817” for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Vitalie,

This is to inform you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-43817 in our database. We will shortly provide the fix here after performing quality assurance and incorporating other enhancements.

Thank you for your patience with us.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43817) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.