Calendar organizer is not getting set

Hello,

Greetings !

Using Aspose.Email.dll 17.6.

We are setting the Organizer property of Appointment object.
But when we open the saved calendar in outlook we are getting meeting organizer as set mailAddress.

We also tried adding setting Attendees with MapiRecipientType.MAPI_ORIG as type, still no luck.
Is there any else property that we suppose to set ?
Can you please check this on priority and revert back with the solution ?

Thanks and Regards
Shital

@Shital_diwate,

We created such a meeting request using MS Outlook and when sent out, it shows the sender as From address. The behavior of the API seems to be following the same. Could you please check it at your end and share your feedback with us.

Hello,

We have checked at our end.
The issue has been reproduced, you can check
in the below sample code.
please have a look.
calenderTestApp.zip (57.5 KB)

Thanks and regards
Shital

@Shital_diwate,

Could you please generate a sample calendar event as per your expectations and share that with us for further analysis at our end?

Hello Iqbal,

I have shared the test application with assigned values to attendees in itself. ( You can check them in test application.) What I did there I have created one PST and added on appointment with attendees assigned as follows

MapiCalendarAttendees pCalendrAttendees = new MapiCalendarAttendees();
** MapiCalendar f_MapiCalendarObj = new MapiCalendar();**
** pCalendrAttendees.AppointmentRecipients.Add("john@test.com", “”, MapiRecipientType.MAPI_TO);**
** pCalendrAttendees.AppointmentRecipients.Add("abc@test.com", “”, MapiRecipientType.MAPI_ORIG);**
** f_MapiCalendarObj.Attendees = pCalendrAttendees;**

as you can see I have added "abc@test.com" as organizer and when we check the exported PST it is not showing this as organizer.

This is the main issue I am facing now.
Let me know anything else you need.

Thank you
shital

@Shital_diwate,

This issue is observed and logged under Id: EMAILNET-38870 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Okay. Thank you so much for sharing status.
Can you please share the estimate for the same, as I am asking this because this is really on priority for us? It will be great if you can share the estimate time.

Thanks !
Shital

@Shital_diwate,

We can’t provide an ETA for now as the issue is logged too recently. It is in queue for further investigation by our Product team and will take some time for assignment of fix version.

Hello Iqbal,

We are really appreciating the way you are looking into this issue.
But this is really urgent for us. Can you please share your direct contact so that we can have a call?
How can we put this on high priority ? Please share your direct contact if possible , and guide us for the procedure to request for quick high priority fix for this. As our client is on hold because of this.

Looking for the positive reply. Thank you !

@Shital_diwate,

We can not provide any ETA about this issue unless this is investigated. If you want to escalate its priority, please create a ticket in the paid support section.

Hello Iqbal,

Any Update about the issue?

Thank you
shital

@Shital_diwate,

I am afraid that still no ETA is available as this issue is logged too recently and is still in queue for analysis by the product team. Once it is reviewed by the product team and any feedback is available, we will write back here immediately. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this regard.

I am having a similar issue with the Java API.
However, what I am seeing is that the Originator is being set and will exist in the recipient’s table, but when you open the MSG file in Outlook, it will not display the originator.

I suspect that it is trying to use the PR_SENDER_NAME and PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS but I have not been able to set this. It always is saved as an empty string.

@cviaggi,

Our Java APIs are auto-ported from our .NET APIs. If an issue exists in .NET API, it will definitely be part of Java API as well. Once the issue is fixed in .NET version of the API, it will be automatically fixed in Java API as well. The existing issue is under investigation by our Product team and we’ll update you here once there is some further information available in this regard.

@cviaggi
Yes. As Iqbal said it may present in JAVA API as well.

@kashif.iqbal
It really do matters as we can not able to mark the attendee as Organizer as it totally change the meaning of any appointment. This is really a major issue considering the accuracy. Based on this we have kept our project on hold as we do not want to move with the incorrect data so will resume it based on your response.

We do understand your team is looking into issue and hope so will get solution on this. Waiting for the updates.

Thanks !

I just want to make sure that the bug being worked on will address the same problem I am seeing.
That is, if I set the PR_SENDER_NAME mapi property directly with something like this:

String senderName = “Administrator”;
cal.setProperty(new MapiProperty(MapiPropertyTag.PR_SENDER_NAME_W, senderName.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_16LE)));

then this value will not be persisted when I save the MapiCalendar object to disk. I have also found that it won’t save the PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS_W property either.

@cviaggi,

We have logged your concerns against the ticket and will update you here once there are further news available in this regard.

Hello Iqbal,

Any Update about the issue?

Thank you
shital

@Shital_diwate,

The issue is still not resolved. We’ll update you here once the fix version is available for download.

@Shital_diwate,

The issue you have reported here in this thread has been fixed in the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 18.2.