Call to UpdateFields does not return

I have a document that is merged from multiple word files. The structure is as follows:

Intro
(multiple contents)
Outro

when I create the document with “Content 1” and after that “Content 2”, then call UpdateFields() on the document it works as expected. (working.docx)

BUT, when I create the document with “Content 2” and after “Content 1”, then a call to UpdateFields() never returns and seems to be dead-locked somewhere. (notworking.docx)

I’m using Aspose.Words 13.7.0
I have attached the documents.
Do you have an idea what’s wrong or different?

Regards
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.7.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of your issue is WORDSNET-8759. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

do you see any difference in the documents that lead to this issue? It could help us a lot to work around this until the issue is fixed.

Regards
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your request. Please spare us some time; our development team will investigate the root cause of this issue. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then provide you information on the root cause and workaround (if possible). We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8759) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.