Calling from Nationwide Insurance in Columbus Ohio. We have an Enterprise license with you. I need information about hot fixes available for Aspose Cells V7.2.2

Calling from Nationwide Insurance in Columbus Ohio. We have an Enterprise license with you. I need information about hot fixes available for Aspose Cells V7.2.2
Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.3
Well, we normally release official releases of the product (Aspose.Cells for .NET) once in a month. You can expect the next official release of the product before the end of this month.

The fix contains all the full fledged features/functionality of v7.3.3 (official release released on October 24, 2012) till current fix. It will always behave like an official release. It is an intermediate kind of version which is provided as a fix against some bugs and new features/enhancements. Normally, a fix is posted in the support forums for our clients who could not wait for our official release.

Also, once, you buy our License Subscription, you are entitled for free upgrades, hot fixes, new releases for a period of 1 year before your subscription expiry date(you may open your license into notepad and check the license expiry date). Moreover, after your expiry date, if you do not want to upgrade or use new fixes/hot fixes, then you can use your existing Aspose.Cells versions/fixes for a lifetime that should be released before your subscription expiry date.

Let me know if you still have any confusion.

Thank you.

Our license file has:

We would not like to purchase a new version of Aspose at this time.

Our Aspose.Cells.dll is version 5.1.0.0. Where can I find the best hot fix for this version that will address these issues with Excel 2007 reports output:

- Pages missing
- Extra blank pages
- All percent signs missing

These issues do not occur in Excel 2003.

Thanks.

Hi,

Well, since you are using some older version of the product and your license is already expired for more than a year ago. So, I am afraid, you cannot download any version which is older than one year from Aspose's Download module, it is our policy and we have to follow it after all. But, if you already have any older version with you, you may keep using it if you find it suitable. We can only recommend you to kindly upgrade to latest versions of the product which is v7.3.3. In the latest versions of the product we have made tremendous enhancements and fixed other issues and we support almost all the features of MS Excel 97 - 2010. We also now support all the file formats e.g XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB etc. with enhacements for Excel 2007/2010.

If you need to upgrade your subscription, please do contact Aspose.Purchase forum:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Thank you.

Amjad,

Thanks for your reply and yes, understood about the time limits on hot fixes and downloads.

We are strongly considering upgrading the license to address this issue. If we upgrade the license and go to version 7.3.3 of Aspose.Cells, can we be assured that the Excel 2007 formatting has been corrected in that version?

Are the any open formatting issues we should know about with Excel 2010?

Will going from version 7.2.2 to version 7.3.3 require updates to our Aspose wrapper classes? Is 7.3.3 backward compatible? Have interface contracts changed? If we need to updated the code, can you give a rough idea of the level of effort required?

Anthony

Hi,

trhymon:

We are strongly considering upgrading the license to address this issue. If we upgrade the license and go to version 7.3.3 of Aspose.Cells, can we be assured that the Excel 2007 formatting has been corrected in that version?

Are the any open formatting issues we should know about with Excel 2010?

Yes, sure, MS Excel 2007/2010 formatting is enhanced in the modern versions of the product. Moreover, if you still find any issue, we are bound to fix the issue for the users (no worries). Just for your knowledge, when you renew your subscription, you are free to get fixes/hot fixes or latest releases of the product for the next whole year.

trhymon:

Will going from version 7.2.2 to version 7.3.3 require updates to our Aspose wrapper classes? Is 7.3.3 backward compatible? Have interface contracts changed? If we need to updated the code, can you give a rough idea of the level of effort required?

If you are going to upgrade from v7.2.x to 7.3.3, there is not any labour involved (there can be some minor changes or adjustments (if required) only), the version v7.3.3 is backward compatible surely. So, in short you existing code should work fine smoothly.

Thank you.

Amjad,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Based on your response I will recommend the purchase of Version 7.3.3 today.

Your support is appreciated and I look forward to working with you further during our upgrade.

Anthony

Hi,

Thnaks for considering Aspose.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have any issue while using our latest version v7.3.3.

Have a good day!