Can Aspose.PDF generate WCAG accessible PDF files

Hi,

I need to find out if Apose.PDF can generated PDF files are tagged meaning in a WCAG accessible PDF fornat and are compliant with Section 508 accessability statands?

Some more information can be found at:

http://blogs.adobe.com/accessibility/2012/01/wcag-2-0-techniques-for-pdf.html

If so, can you please provide what verson of your software is compliant?

Thanks
Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the capability to create wide variety of PDF files but I am afraid currently it does not support the feature to create PDF files which are compatible with 508 standards. However for the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-25060 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.
codewarior:
Hi Debbie,

Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the capability to create wide variety of PDF files but I am afraid currently it does not support the feature to create PDF files which are compatible with 508 standards. However for the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-25060 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Does Aspose.Pdf for .NET provide capability to create WCAG 2.0 compliant PDF documents? If yes, is there any code examples or samples that I can test drive with.

Thanks.

Hi Samir,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not support to create WCAG 2.0 compliant PDF documents. We have linked your request to the related feature request PDFNEWNET-39050, logged in our issue tracking system for implementation. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Thanks for reply.

Should I be able to use Aspose.Words.Document class to make the created PDF document WCAG compliance (or fix some of the compliance issues like Alternative text tagging, default language, taking section, etc.). If yes, can you please point me to an code example or guide for that.

Thanks.

Hi Samir,

I am not entirely certain that Aspose.Words.Document provides the feature to create WCAG compliance document. However I am moving this thread to respective forum and my fellow workers from specified team will answer this query. Soon you will be provided with the required information.

Hi
We are also using Aspose to generate pdfs, As we need to implement tagged /Accessible PDFs we would like to know whether Aspose PDF supports accessibility? If so we need few examples or information.

Thanks
Selvi

kalaiselvisubbiah:
Hi
We are also using Aspose to generate pdfs, As we need to implement tagged /Accessible PDFs we would like to know whether Aspose PDF supports accessibility? If so we need few examples or information.
Hi Selvi,

The requirement to generate PDF documents with Accessibility features is already logged against Aspose.Pdf for .NET as PDFNEWNET-39050 in our issue tracking system. As soon as the feature becomes available, we will let you know.

Seeking an update on the status of PDFNEWNET-39050. Our application uses Aspose PDF for .NET and after extensive analysis have found that the Aspose software strips tags from PDFs when user inputted data is loaded into the PDF. This causes a complication for screen-reading software because fields cannot be read in the correct order.

Hi Debbie,

The problem reported earlier as PDFNENWET-39050 is still pending for review and it not yet resolved. Now concerning to issue you are facing, please share your resource files and code snippet which you are using, so that we can separately test this scenario in our environment. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello Nayyer,

Thanks for your response. Because it would be far more expensive for us to purchase new software to get around this defect, we are considering purchasing an Enterprise Support agreement in the hopes this will escalate the issue and get resources allocated to resolve it. Is there any way to confirm that if we purchase this agreement, that this defect can be resolved?

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for contacting support. Please note that ES/PS support does not guarantee any immediate resolution of
issues (because it might be dependent on other issues or feature which needs
to be implemented
) but under this model, the development team
starts investigating the problem on high priority. For further
details, please visit
Support Options.

Is there any update on this issue? or any timeline on when this is planned to be supported?

This is becoming more critical issue for us, as in United States more and more documents are now becoming required to be WCAG compliant and if Aspose can’t support it, we need to find alternative solutions.
Thanks.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the feature requested earlier is still not implemented and product team is looking into this matter. However your concerns have been shared with them and I have asked them to share the latest updates regarding its implementation. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello Nayyer,

I received notification from Justin Anderson of the Aspose Business Team on 3/1 that this defect has been scheduled for resolution. Justin said he spoke with the lead developer who indicated the solution should be delivered within 2-3 months. It has since been one month and I am following up to confirm progress is being made on the solution. Can you confirm that the development team is on schedule to deliver the solution between 5/1-6/1? Thank you.

Hi Debbie,

The product team has already been intimated and they are currently investigating this problem. However currently we cannot share the possible timelines but as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your patience.

The product team has started investigating the earlier requested feature but in order for us to implement it in appropriate manner, we request you to please share detailed specifications, so that we can implement accordingly.

Nayyer,

Per your request for detailed specifications, please see below:

In order to be 508 compliant, all PDF documents must contain well-formed accessible tags.

When a PDF is processed using Aspose, all tags which existed in the template PDF are not recreated and or removed from the destination file. This means, when our application processes a PDF, all the tags are removed. In order for our application to be 508 compliant, Aspose must make sure the Tags in the original PDF template are recreated in the, Aspose Processed, PDF file.

Four files are attached for additional detail:

Aspose code.txt – This file contains the PDFEngine code where our application’s code interfaces with the APO objects.

Template.pdf – This is the source PDF our application uses as the template. This file contains tags.

Processed by Aspose.pdf – This is the file generated by Aspose. You will notice that all the tags from the Template.pdf file have not been created.

Manually Created.pdf – This file is a copy of the template.pdf file. You can see that when the form is manually completed and saved, Adobe did not remove the existing tags.

We need Aspose to do the following:

1) When Aspose processes a PDF template, they need to recreate any tags, from the original template, in the output file.

2) These tags must maintain the same format, structure and content as they exist in the template file.

Please let me know if clarification is required for any of this information. Thank you.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing the detailed specifications. We have passed on to the product team for proceedings and sure we will request you if we need any further details in this regard.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hello Tilal,

I’m seeking a status update on the development of the solution. The original estimate provided to us indicated this would be resolved between May 1st and June 1st. I would like to confirm if the product team is on track to deliver the solution within this timeframe.

Thanks,
Mike