Can Aspose.PDF generate WCAG accessible PDF files

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquriy. The investigation of the issue is still not completed. However we have again requested our product team to share the update status of the issue, we will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience. Our product team is analyzing your shared source document and code. However we will appreciate it if you please share a sample test solution, it will help us to address your issue more accurately and quickly.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Tilal,

I need confirmation of what you mean by “sample test solution”. We cannot share our code so I’m trying to understand if you are asking for something else.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquriy. Yes, we meant by sample text solution an executable code to test your shared scenario, as we tried to understand your code but some references are missing e.g acme.Lib. You may share your sample solution via email, we do honor the customer information privacy.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

We have attached a zip file containing a console application to assist in the development of the fix for this defect.

Embedded into the package is a pdf file that has fields and tags. If you open the original pdf file located in the bin\debug folder you can see the tag structure. Once you run the application, a new file will be generated using the ASPOSE API. The console application will give you the path to said file but you can locate it in the bin directory of the application.

When you open this newly created file, you will see that the Tag structure is not carried over into the new file.

Please let me know if this meets your needs. The solution of this defect is a critical need for our organization.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing the sample project. I have shared the details with the product team and will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Since it has been nearly one month since the sample project was provided, I am seeking an update on the progress towards resolution. I would appreciate whatever information you can provide and an estimated resolution timeframe.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience.

The product team is still investigating earlier reported issue and I am afraid its not yet resolved. However your concerns have been recorded with product team and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hello. Are there any news about PDF accessibility support? When do you plan to implement it (a rough estimation)?

Hi Elena,

Thanks for your interest in the feature. Our product team is working hard to implement subjected feature but I am afraid it is difficult to share any ETA at the moment. However, we have recorded your concern and will notify you ETA/update, as soon as it becomes available.

Best Regards,

Hi Mike,

Our product team has further investigated the requested feature. In order to provide you a ETA, we need more detailed list of user
requirements. WCAG standard describes requirements to web contents to make it
accessible for peoples with disabilities. WCAG standard
requirements are quite broad and not always formalized, sometimes they
are rather recommendations than precise requirements and it is not clear how these requirements should be applied to Aspose.Pdf tools.

mikefisherow:
When you open this newly created file, you will see that the Tag structure is not carried over into the new file.

In reference to the information you shared in your issue description, you noticed that tags in source PDF
document are absent in your concatenated resultant document. Is this only problem which you met to accomplish your requirement or has set of the issues which should also be resolved? In other words we need list of requirements
which should be satisfied in order to plan this work and reasonably estimate
time required to resolve this issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

The product team has further look into earlier request feature and in order to generate WCAG 2.0 compliant output, please try using PdfFileEditor.CopyLogicalStructure option as it saves tags in resultant document.

In case anyone is looking, it seems they just released a few updated versions that have new features releated to PDF/UA accesibility (PDF/UA is part of the new 508 standard, see PDF/UA - Wikipedia):

I’ve not yet tried it out, but here’s the forum post that alerted me to this, which includes some code examples in the most recent response from asad:

@Jesse.Voogt.ctr

Thanks for reviving this thread.

Your comments will definitely help grabbing attention of others who are interested in this new feature. We would like to add that we are working over adding more of the functionality related to 508 Compliance and we welcome suggestions and requirements from our customers in this regard which would definitely help us implementing the feature efficiently.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Support of WCAG 2.0 PDFs