Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Can Aspose Slides do this?

My client wants me to create an online system for generation of custom slide decks from a master containing 130 slides. Ideally, I envisage having thumbnails of the individual slides that can be dragged in to a timeline and then saved as a ppt to the users disk. I wouldn’t want the master to be editable by the users. Is this possible in Aspose please?
Very urgent - need to reply to the client today!

Hello Dear,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

You can lock shapes inside slide using Aspose.Slides. All you need is to access the master slide and access either all or desired shapes on which you want to apply locks. Please follow this link to technical article section where by you will find how to apply protection on shapes and presentation level. Please share with us, if you may still have any further queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Sorry, I didn’t make my main point clear - If I have a presentation with 130 slides in it, can I extract individual slides from that easily to form a new saveable presentation?

Hello Dear,

What I have perceived from your query is that you want to make generated slides un-editable. Actually, all Placeholders in presentations belongs to shapes. So you may use different types of shapes protections to avoid editing of slides in Master presentation.

Thanks and Regards,