Can Aspose.Words for Java handle large Word docs with tables (i.e. 200 pages- 25000 characters)?

Hi,
I am evaluating Aspose.Words for Java and need to know if it can handle large Word .docs with tables. We are simply opening the doc and doing searching & replace for Part Numbers. Thank you for your quick reply.

gfortunew

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Yes, there should not be a problem when processing these documents. However, you should note that usually Aspose.Words needs few times more memory than document size to build model of the document in memory. For example, if your document’s size is 1 MB, Aspose.Words needs 10-20 MB of RAM to build its DOM in memory. Multiplier depends on format because some formats are more compact than others. For example DOCX format is more compact than DOC and RTF, and DOC is more compact than RTF. We suggest you please increase the heap space for the JVM for processing big documents.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thank you for your reply and the good news. You have yourself a new customer. I will be applying for my license immediately.

Regards,

gfortunew

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Words. In case you have further inquires or need any help, please let us know.

Best regards,