Can diagrams be exported to HTML?

When I save a document as HTML, is it possible to get diagrams saved as well?

Thanks.

Hello!
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words.
Yes, it is possible. When a document is saved in HTML format all supplementary data is saved in separate files. If your diagram is an image then it is to be saved as an image of the same format. If it is an OLE object then it is to be converted to a raster image, in the current implementation PNG.
You are welcome to download and evaluate the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Please let me know if you have any further questions. We are happy to help you.
Regards,

When I save the attached document as HTML, the diagrams aren’t being saved. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Thank you for additional information. This kind of graphics, namely autoshapes, is not supported. MS Word in such case saves each diagram as a raster image (GIF). Basically we could do the same in Aspose.Words. This is a known issue:
#1146 – Render shapes as image files when exporting to HTML
I’m sorry to disappoint you. This is not included in our nearest plans. You can workaround the case by rasterizing these diagrams with any other software or writing custom drawing code.
Sorry for inconvenience,

What about Word Art? Same issue?

WordArt is also not supported. Let’s consider these two as distinct issues in spite of the fact they are somehow related. I have created this one for WordArt:
#4839 – Support WordArt in HTML export
I think you can use the same workaround substituting these objects with images.
Implementing autoshapes and WordArt could certainly take much effort. But these features are used relatively rare, especially WordArt. Aspose.Words is positioned as “MS Word-oriented” library. So we favor to better support such formats as DOC, WordprocessingML, RTF and now with the highest priority DOCX. On the other hand, HTML and PDF are non-native formats for MS Word so many MS Word features cannot be exported to them as they are just by writing some objects and attributes. Instead there should be developed sophisticated code implementing these features with entities of lower abstraction levels.
If I bring an analogy with PDF, autoshapes in PDF export have restricted support. There are about 200 shapes and to support them we would develop drawing code for each shape type. We suggested exporting only “most popular” shapes such as arrows, rectangle, rhomb (diamond), ellipse etc. Most of them came alive by demand of our customers.
If you really need autoshapes and WordArt, not “just asking”, then we’ll discuss the possibility to implement them. But I can warn you, this won’t be fast and easy.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 1146) have been fixed in this update.

Fantastic! Any idea on #4839 – Support WordArt in HTML export?

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. We are currently working on rendering of WordArt shapes. This feature will be supported within a month in our rendering engine. So, I think rendering of WordArt in HTML will be supported a little bit later, most likely somewhere in November. We will let you know once this feature is supported.
Best regards.

Hello!
Starting with Aspose.Words 7.0.0 HTML export module uses the same rendering engine as PDF and raster formats do. So WordArt will be supported immediately and automatically in all these exports once it’s supported by the renderer.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4839) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4839) have been fixed in this update.