We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Can I create Word document (*.doc) with Fill-In fields working?

Hi, We are using Aspose.Word component to generate Word documents (.doc) from Word template document (.dot).

We are using Fill-In fields feature in Word template. But after we save Word template (.dot) as Word document (.doc)

Fill-In fields stop work. Could you suggest me whether Aspose has a clever solution to this problem.

Maybe, using Aspose, I can create Word document (*.doc) with Fill-In fields working.

Hi,

Thank you for your request. Please attach your document(s) to test.

And are Fill-In fields equal to form fields (textbox, checkbox etc)?

Hi,

I attached test file.

Fill-In fields are from Insert->Fields->Mail Merge category->Fill-in.

Clear. Well, it seems like some internal flag indicating this is a template gets lost. I have logged this as issue #3138 and we will look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

You need to set Document.IsTemplate = true; before saving. Aspose.Words resets this flag to false on open by default (see our API reference for Document.IsTemplate to learn why). If you set it to true, it will make sure Microsoft Word recognizes the document as a proper template and will fire FILLIN fields. It looks that Microsoft Word executes FILLIN fields for templates only, does not execute them for normal documents. I'm closing the issue, nothing to fix.

I have same issue. I did as you said here.

but that isn't working either.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. I just answered your request in the following thread:

Best regards.