Can I get a start point of FreeTextAnnotation's Arrow?

Hello~
first of all, I always appreciate your help.

This time, I want to get a start
point of FreeTextAnnotation’s Arrow.
I can’t find any properties for it.
Can you guide it?

point.png (5.2 KB)

@yeonkyu

You can use Annotation.Rect property to get rectangle of annotation. Once you have Rectangle object, you can get annotation position. Please check the members of Rectangle class.

I know about Rect property but there is no information about where the arrow is at, and the position of Arrow.
I need to know about the start poistion of Array.

please see the attached png file.

at least, I need to know direction of Arrow. so that could help me finding position.

@yeonkyu

Unfortunately, Aspose.PDF does not provide the APIs to get the direction of arrow.

Could you please attach your input PDF and expected result? We will then provide you more information about your query and log this feature according to your requirement.

Here is sample pdf file.
I have to know the position of the arrow. There is nothing else I want
What I’m trying to do is that if somebody put FreeTextAnnotation on pdf, we find it and the extract the text where the FreeTextAnnotation’s arrow is pointing at.

please check it out for mesample.pdf (2.1 KB)

@yeonkyu

Please read the following articles about getting text from particular region of page and working with annotations.
Extract Text from a particular page region
PDF Annotations

Following code example shows how to get the rectangles of text and annotation and check if both rectangles are intersected or not. Hope this helps you.

Document document = new Document(MyDir + "sample.pdf");

var annotations = document.Pages[1].Annotations[1];
var rect = annotations.GetRectangle(true);

// Create TextAbsorber object to find all instances of the input search phrase
TextFragmentAbsorber textFragmentAbsorber = new TextFragmentAbsorber("");

// Accept the absorber for all the pages
document.Pages.Accept(textFragmentAbsorber);

// Get the extracted text fragments
TextFragmentCollection textFragmentCollection = textFragmentAbsorber.TextFragments;

// Loop through the fragments
foreach (TextFragment textFragment in textFragmentCollection)
{
    if (rect.IsIntersect(textFragment.Rectangle) == true)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Text : {0} ", textFragment.Text);
    }
}

SAMPLE2.pdf (3.7 KB)

Oh, thank you for your reply but I know this code.
I attached another sample pdf file.

There are three texts and one annotation and all of texts are intersected with annotation.
but I want to extract TEXT A that is pointed by arrow.
can u guide about this?

@yeonkyu

We have logged a ticket for your case in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-51440. You will be notified via this forum thread once there is an update available on it.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

Thank you.
where can I find tracking system with PDFNET-51440? can you give me a link?
and How long will it take??

@yeonkyu

Please note that our issue tracking system is not public. You can ask for update in this thread about the progress of issue. You can also check the issue status at the bottom right of this thread as shown in attached image.
issue status.png (41.4 KB)

Thank you sir!!

A post was split to a new topic: How to get text under the start point of FreeTextAnnotation’s arrow